Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
mattynz
Hey, about a week ago i traded my old car (a twin turbo gto) for my SS-II celica, Its silver has a aftermarket exhaust, JDM tails and so on, theres a couple of things wrong with it, a side panels dented in, and the roof and hood have some sunfade, all in all its not a bad car and will get those thing fixed up soon.

Will post some pics up soon

How ever there is one mre thing wrong... it drinks A LOT of petrol and i dont know why!!!!! Anyone got any ideas?
delusionz
hey welcome

u traded a gto for an ss-ii? hope u got a crap load of cash from the trade aswell?

what kinda gas milage do u get?

if ur also get ****ty performance u might need new plugs and a new air cleaner,

are u using the aircon? if so then its normal to drink alot of petrol
mattynz
I only got 1.1k with the trade, i didnt really want to do it but the gto was costing me way too much (over 4k within 6 months)

I get about 60k's out of 20 bucks

I get ok performance, considering its only a 2liter, for some reason theres quite a bit of power about 5000 rpm and i dont know why.

and na i dont use the aircon at all.
Euphoria
How much fuel is $20 worth? But yeah just do a tune up, spark plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor and fuel filter.
mattynz
$20 is about 10liters, its around town driving aswell btw.
PolliS_5S-FE
Auto or manual? I get between 90 - 110kms on my 2.2 manual celi at the moment with these AWFUL gas prices. I have a sr20de primera which is auto, get around 60 - 70kms off 20$ but it has some problems
mattynz
Manual... definatly manual wink.gif
delusionz
3s-ge motor, 177hp... a very large chunk of that power is concentrated between the 5000-7000 range, thats when the engine breathes best with the long cam timing duration and the acis dual stage plenum is operating on the short path.
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (delusionz @ Dec 24, 2010 - 5:57 AM) *
3s-ge motor, 177hp... a very large chunk of that power is concentrated between the 5000-7000 range, thats when the engine breathes best with the long cam timing duration and the acis dual stage plenum is operating on the short path.

This gave me a hard-on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.