Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Bullet ST205 Re-Born
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
kurt95gt
Omg man
I just seen this. So sad to see such an amazing build end up like this frown.gif
Wish you the best of luck on your repairs an glad to here your ok!
Box
Well, hopefully they'll let you buy it back for cheap and all in all will actually make money from the ordeal despite now having a salvaged title....
bsamps4
QUOTE (Box @ Sep 25, 2013 - 7:52 PM) *
Well, hopefully they'll let you buy it back for cheap and all in all will actually make money from the ordeal despite now having a salvaged title....

I hope so too. I don't mind the thought of a salvage title though. I was never planning on selling her.
bsamps4
Well guys...I hate to inform all of you that the Green Machine will not be coming back...

I hope all of you effected by this thread will keep it alive, and keep the knowledge flowing. Please don't delete this thread because I hope that it helps new comers bring their dreams into fruition just like this site has allowed me to realize mine!

I wish you all the best. I'm not deactivating my profile or anything like that, but am going to stay on the board to help anyone who has questions or concerns during their own builds.

Besides...My girlfriend drives a 1997 Celica ST.
kurt95gt
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 4, 2013 - 12:42 PM) *
Well guys...I hate to inform all of you that the Green Machine will not be coming back...

I hope all of you effected by this thread will keep it alive, and keep the knowledge flowing. Please don't delete this thread because I hope that it helps new comers bring their dreams into fruition just like this site has allowed me to realize mine!

I wish you all the best. I'm not deactivating my profile or anything like that, but am going to stay on the board to help anyone who has questions or concerns during their own builds.

What did they deside on the green beast??
KAOS
frown.gif
bsamps4
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Oct 4, 2013 - 11:52 AM) *
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 4, 2013 - 12:42 PM) *

What did they deside on the green beast??

They totalled it out completely...Unfortunately a 94 Celica only has a 1200 dollar value...
kurt95gt
So did they keep her or did you refuse the settlement?
Keiri
Damn, sad day for NC 6gc.

If parting out, lemme know what's available.
bsamps4
Settlement refused...I will be parting my turbo, berk downpipe, and I'm not sure what else...
kurt95gt
Wow frown.gif
Is the damage that bad??
purplegt4
RIP Green Machine.

You thinking of putting the motor in a MR2?
bsamps4
Can't afford an MR2 those things are pretty expensive...Not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet...
Box
SUE THE GOD DAMNED PARENTS OF THAT DUMB ASS MOTHERFùCKING DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!!! Sue for loss of property, bodily harm, and tack on mental anguish for good measure.

How can they only offer $1,200? Someone just got $4,500 in a settlement for their stock 98. Only a four year difference in the same generation, there can't be that big a gap in assessed value... Just straighten out any structural damage and drive it anyway, unless your title has already been ruined and your vehicle registration requirements are strict. Worst case find a GT with a blown engine to transplant everything into. Still this is fùcking unbelievable, I feel so sorry for you.
bsamps4
It's difficult, but you gotta keep in mind that my shell has 255,000 miles on it. She's had a good long life.
Box
Still, the insurance company is full of it. Even the low-balling KBB private value is over $1,500... I'm going to punch some trees down.
Keiri
Ben, if you want another GT I'm sure we can find one with less than 255k miles on it for cheap here in NC.

Either way, keep in touch with your next car/moves - I'm sure you'll do another great build even if it's on another platform.

enderswift
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 4, 2013 - 2:12 PM) *
Can't afford an MR2 those things are pretty expensive...Not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet...

you're gonna get another shell. Dont part out your turbo parts, save them for the next build!
bsamps4
I was going to take my girlfriends car, but she loves it too much. She won't let me use it. And I've looked around. These cars are hard to find in good shape.
JoshuaM

Wait... So what does settlement refused mean.... They aren't giving you anything?

I'm with Box on this one. But seriously, that sucks big time.... Hopefully the right thing will pop up for you at the right time, whether it be 6GC or not.
bsamps4
Guys...I was half-way pulling your leg! She can't be the Green Machine anymore, she's gonna be something a bit scarier.

New front end is on the way. Thanks to the guys that helped me on my WTB front end parts for finding me that beautiful silver nose cut.

Additional Goodies:

ATS GT3071R Turbo kit
Engle Valve Springs
BC Titanium Retainers
GSC S1 Cams
ATS Adjustable Cam Gears

Will keep you posted on progress.
Things I still need to buy:
Racing Steering Wheel
Windshield
Paint
Maybe a racing seat and harnesses
Intercooler
Cooling Fans
Radiator
JoshuaM
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 5, 2013 - 10:53 AM) *
Guys...I was half-way pulling your leg! She can't be the Green Machine anymore, she's gonna be something a bit scarier.

...... I'm not sure how I should feel about this update tongue.gif

It did seem strange you packing up and quitting so quickly tongue.gif BUT..... RACE CAR XD
Box
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 5, 2013 - 9:53 AM) *

I'm going to halfway punch you in the face. I was genuinely angrier than usual, thanks a lot. tongue.gif

That being said glad things are halfway working out.
bsamps4
QUOTE (Box @ Oct 5, 2013 - 2:10 PM) *
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 5, 2013 - 9:53 AM) *

I'm going to halfway punch you in the face. I was genuinely angrier than usual, thanks a lot. tongue.gif

That being said glad things are halfway working out.

lol... I had to have a little fun wink.gif
Box
But in such a cruel and unusual manner? With friends like you who needs enemies? tongue.gif

So this means you got a decent settlement and there's minor to zero structural damage?
bsamps4
Looks to be mostly cosmetic, but the cosmetic stuff that got messed up is pretty bad. I'm going to start pulling it apart tomorrow, and hopefully won't have to add anything else to my already annoyingly long list. Either way I think i'm going to add some extra structural support up front for the next a$$hole that decides to hit me freaking head on!
Box
Solid steel crash bar, I'm feeling it. Should add some air horns while you're at it, if they can't see you they'll hear you. tongue.gif
kurt95gt
QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Oct 5, 2013 - 11:22 AM) *
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 5, 2013 - 10:53 AM) *

...... I'm not sure how I should feel about this update tongue.gif

It did seem strange you packing up and quitting so quickly tongue.gif BUT..... RACE CAR XD

I can't wait to see how this turns out !!
bsamps4
I'm looking forward to it too. I want to destroy all of the noisy mustangs!
Box
At least the Mustangs sound good with the proper engine. tongue.gif *rolls around on carpet naked*
bsamps4
All right guys...So here's the skinny. I do have some damage on my front right frame rail, but the nose cut that I'm receiving should have this element. I will cut and weld accordingly. I'm going to delete my a/c airbag sensors, airbags, and any other unnecessary weight. I plan on fortifying the new front end with some substantial cross bracing etc... Should add structural rigidity, and make the front frame much stronger. The intercooler end tanks had burst a few leaks from the impact, but looking through everything it would appear that no metal ended up down the throttle body. So engine should still be in great shape. I will use a video boroscope to be 100% positive. Turbo is still in great shape, and the downpipe has no leaks, just shows some of the grill marks from the radiator. Here are the pics of all the damage.

Box
Nothing a torch and a hammer can't fix. tongue.gif
bsamps4
QUOTE (Box @ Oct 6, 2013 - 4:22 PM) *
Nothing a torch and a hammer can't fix. tongue.gif

I like your style sir!
Tigawoods
lol the IC looks like its been warped in photoshop haha
Box
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Oct 6, 2013 - 6:56 PM) *
lol the IC looks like its been warped in photoshop haha

Need to save it to use for hilarious memes. tongue.gif
bsamps4
I've finally got a good majority of stuff on the way for the restoration. Money permitting the car will probably be two tone for a while, but I'll eventually paint it once it warms up again. "i/e march or april." I've got the new steering wheel on the way with the quick release hub, the windshield gets put in tomorrow, and I'm debating on if/what racing seat I should get. The nose cut should be here next week, and the guys at ATS are going to send some of the valvetrain pieces I ordered out pretty soon so that I can get started on that.
JoshuaM
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 8, 2013 - 8:03 AM) *
I've finally got a good majority of stuff on the way for the restoration. Money permitting the car will probably be two tone for a while, but I'll eventually paint it once it warms up again. "i/e march or april." I've got the new steering wheel on the way with the quick release hub, the windshield gets put in tomorrow, and I'm debating on if/what racing seat I should get. The nose cut should be here next week, and the guys at ATS are going to send some of the valvetrain pieces I ordered out pretty soon so that I can get started on that.

No messing around... I like it! smile.gif
bsamps4
Gotta get all the welding done before the winter sets in or else everything will be on hold until next year...Don't think I can handle that much downtime away from my baby.
Keiri
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 8, 2013 - 9:59 AM) *
Gotta get all the welding done before the winter sets in or else everything will be on hold until next year...Don't think I can handle that much downtime away from my baby.

That's true love. wink.gif
qatar11
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 6, 2013 - 5:11 PM) *
.... I'm going to delete my a/c airbag sensors, airbags, and any other unnecessary weight. I plan on fortifying the new front end with some substantial cross bracing etc... Should add structural rigidity, and make the front frame much stronger...

I hate to be that guy... but on the whole, this is a pretty dangerous proposal. I get that airbags are expensive and they trashed your windshield... but in a more severe accident, they might save your life... Also, your fortification of the front end might very well compromise your front impact zone... There is no saying what this might do to how the car reacts in an impact, specifically chassis deformation and intrusion into the cabin. You are not on a race track and you are not sporting a 5 point harness... why is there a need to add lightness and compromise your safety for rigidity?
bsamps4
I have a daily. Plan to get a seat and harness and repurpose the car for track use.
Box
QUOTE (qatar11 @ Oct 8, 2013 - 11:28 AM) *
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 6, 2013 - 5:11 PM) *
.... I'm going to delete my a/c airbag sensors, airbags, and any other unnecessary weight. I plan on fortifying the new front end with some substantial cross bracing etc... Should add structural rigidity, and make the front frame much stronger...

I hate to be that guy... but on the whole, this is a pretty dangerous proposal. I get that airbags are expensive and they trashed your windshield... but in a more severe accident, they might save your life... Also, your fortification of the front end might very well compromise your front impact zone... There is no saying what this might do to how the car reacts in an impact, specifically chassis deformation and intrusion into the cabin. You are not on a race track and you are not sporting a 5 point harness... why is there a need to add lightness and compromise your safety for rigidity?

Was my thought, but figured it'd become a track car at that point so I didn't say anything. People drove without airbags for years, and some of them are still around. laugh.gif
bsamps4
I've been hit by airbags 3 times. I'm about done with that $hit. It hurts every time, and has never once even come close to saving my life.

I hit a bridge at 90 mph a long time ago. Airbag didn't even touch my chest or face...what kind of garbage is that???
Box
In some instances airbags are actually the cause of death. They've come along way though, the ones out today with 6-10+ bags throughout the car is really worthwhile. Single bag in the wheel, not so much. If you're properly restrained and seated, you'll never come close to the wheel anyway.
bsamps4
^Think it would be a lot less detrimental if they figured out a way to fill the car with bubbles or something instead...maybe a nice blast of bubble wrap...or packing peanuts.
kurt95gt
Noo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE PACKING PEANUTS!
Box
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Oct 8, 2013 - 4:47 PM) *

THEY GO EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
kurt95gt
QUOTE (Box @ Oct 8, 2013 - 5:54 PM) *
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Oct 8, 2013 - 4:47 PM) *

THEY GO EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

They do
You open the box an they just make a mess
I can't stands boxes full of packing peanuts
Box
They're statically charged to everything but the box or each other. Madness.
njccmd2002
you need

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.