Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Tire fitment question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Mycurse180

Will 245/45/17 tires fit on my celi or are they too much tire?

Thanks
Batman722
depends on your offset. With those in the front you'll definatly rub when doing a full turn.
95CelicaST
Yeah it depends on the wheel width and the offset, but don't expect it to fit in front. 245 is meant for a 8.5" - 9" wide wheel.
DEATH
edit: nevermind - I just realized you said 245
Good luck and if it works please post how you did it
Mycurse180
So the 245 is a no go.

What tire sizes should I use as a guide line? I'm trying to find a good deal on rims and tires and many already have tires on them.

For 17" rims am I looking for 215/45/17?
I've found 18" rims on 225/35/18

and to make this a double question post, how do 18's look on a stock suspension Celi?
mkernz22
What is the wheel offset? that's the only way we can tell you if it will fit or not without rubbing.

No go on the 18's unless you like an uncomfortable ride. 35 side walls are very skinny and you will feel every bump.
Mycurse180

Thanks for the info guys...Just a noob trying to learn.

I really want some 16's...I think that's a nice compromise between looks and function.

What tire sizes should I be aiming for with 16's? Can I go a little wider than stock?
DEATH
17's is the nice compromise - check out mine for example. Not too big not too small and I'm ALL about performance. I had a set of 16's for the front for track days but that was mainly so I could really air them out for the launch - didn't help much.
18's are fine but, as said before, you will feel the bumps.
I run 225-45r17 on mine with no rub at all ever [slammed on Tein/Billstein too]
windowlicker
x2 with 225/45 17's. running them on tc wheels and no problems.
jmeyer
I run 245/45/17 on 8" wide wheels with 35 offset front and rear with no issues
Malek
Wow! I'm impressed ^^ I run those and they look like monster truck wheels haha but an off road car with beefy tires looks like sex. That's the way I would've gone if I still had my celica..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.