Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you use
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
macavely
well i'm putting this here cause it running in to many topics...

Just wanted to know what stuff do you use on and or in your celi.. like oil, aint-freez, tires, gas, paint,brake pads, plugs, wires, lights, etc.......

i'll start of the top of my head

gas: i'm using 98 from TruckStop (generic gas station cheapist prices )
glass cleaner: Stoner Invisable Glass (works good to good sometimes)
oil: penzoil
wipers : Bosch
tires:bridgestone

thats all i can about now.. i'll have more later
97GTinKC
Do you mean 89 octane?
I use 91 (but I have a GT, the lower compression ST cant really make any use out of higher octane )

As far as oil I use Amsoil series3000 5w30, but will be switching to their 0w30 series 2000 next change...
Amsoil synthetic 75w90 in 5speed.
Amsoil 2stage foam air filter in stock airbox.
Bosch wiper blades, (as good as any, better than most)
everything else pretty much OEM Toyota, I have noticed the quality of aftermarket parts in general has really declined in recent years (and I worked in a parts store for 12 years...)

macavely
QUOTE (97GTinKC @ Dec 1, 2003 - 12:27 PM)
Do you mean 89 octane?
I use 91 (but I have a GT, the lower compression ST cant really make any use out of higher octane )

yea 91 sorry about that
Silver94CelicaOwner
I use 10w-30 Castrol GTX oil in my 5s with a NAPA oil filter, and fuel it with 93 octane from whatever station im closest to....Im about to put NGK iridium plugs and blue Accel wires cuz mice got in my engine bay and started chewing on my plug wires, so i need some bad. wink.gif Plus, i have the original plugs from when i got my car and im sure they were old when i got it. Im runing brand new BFGoodrich VR-4 tires also, as for anything else i only use the best stuff i can find to keep everything in great condition and so it lasts.
boosted_K2
-Sonoco 94 Super
-Mobile1 Super Syn 10-30
-Bosch wipers
-Magnecor wires
-NGK plugs
-Kumho 712 Tires on both sets of wheels
Hym3n
Hate to get a little off-topic.. but I have a stock ST, and I used a tank of 89 octane and a tank of 93 octane and compared mileage and acceleration. It performed better in both ways on 93.. giving about 50 miles more actually. I tried to refuel both of them at the quarter mile, but it could've been off when I did it.

-Brian
boosted_K2
QUOTE (Hym3n @ Dec 2, 2003 - 12:00 AM)
Hate to get a little off-topic.. but I have a stock ST, and I used a tank of 89 octane and a tank of 93 octane and compared mileage and acceleration. It performed better in both ways on 93.. giving about 50 miles more actually. I tried to refuel both of them at the quarter mile, but it could've been off when I did it.

-Brian

could be where you were driving and what kind of traffic you were in also.
Hym3n
Definitely. Just seemed like a noticable difference to me.

-Brian
aaronc222
I've always noticed a difference in mileage with 93. Running 89 I would get 28-30 mpg, with 93 I was getting 32-33(although it's starting to use more due to age/196k).

Gas: Chevron 93(we only have Chevron, Conoco, Amoco, and no name here)
Oil: Castrol Syntec 5w30
Wipers: Bosch
Glass cleaner: Eagle One 20/20
Wax: Eagle One Wet Look(wax/polish)
Tires: Bridgestone(prefer Potenza RE730, but have RE910 now)
Filters(Air/Oil): K&N
kuya1284
QUOTE (Hym3n @ Dec 1, 2003 - 11:25 PM)

-Brian

The purpose of higher octane is to retard detonation...
boosted_K2
QUOTE (kuya1284 @ Dec 2, 2003 - 4:20 AM)
QUOTE (Hym3n @ Dec 1, 2003 - 11:25 PM)

-Brian

and stock and even moderatly modified celicas really dont need to worry about detonation.
BenMMellor
QUOTE (macavely @ Dec 1, 2003 - 3:41 AM)
well i'm putting this here cause it running in to many topics...

Just wanted to know what stuff do you use on and or in your celi.. like oil, aint-freez, tires, gas, paint,brake pads, plugs, wires, lights, etc.......

i'll start of the top of my head

gas: i'm using 98 from TruckStop (generic gas station cheapist prices )
glass cleaner: Stoner Invisable Glass (works good to good sometimes)
oil: penzoil
wipers : Bosch
tires:bridgestone

thats all i can about now.. i'll have more later

On both of mine :

Gas - Shell Optimax (98 RON tongue.gif )
Glass Cleaner - ArmorALL glass cleaner
Oil - Shell Helix
Wipers - Bosch
Tyres - On the SR i've got Falken FK-451 (down to 2mm of tread but have lasted 30K miles !!!) On the GT - have for AVON zz3's (wanted Toyo's but the deal on my rimms was with AVONs only..)
aaronc222
QUOTE (kuya1284 @ Dec 2, 2003 - 2:20 AM)

And when I notice the engine running smoother(especially at high rpms) and a gas mileage increase(tested over many tanks, I used to deliver pizza and go through 3 tanks a week), I'll take it.
Of course my timing is advanced quite a bit, so the 93 helps keep the engine safer as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.