Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random problems
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Website Discussion
SupraKid
So heres a thread to talk about random little gliches in the site.

So far all i've seen are 2 things:

1. That on someones car profile, underneath anyones comment on the car, it shows there avatar tiled horizontally and makes what they wrote unreadable. Also the picture "scrolling" is gone(which is fine with me) but now we cant comment on any pictures??Any way to add comments to the pictures or back to scrolling?

2. It seems like to me the "celicas" search feature is pretty useless compared to the old one, as its only one region to put in EVERYTHING. The old one I thought was amazing as you could basically build the exact car you were looking for. Anyway to go back to that search function?

Please add anything you see and how youd like it to be fixed, please dont turn this into a complaint thread, just state what you see wrong, and provide a solution you see fit. When you add something its not guaranteed coomer can do anything about it, but im sure he would like to just be aware.
samir0189
ive noticed the tiled avatars on the profile page.

The profile pages just don't work all together on IE. And a friend of mine complained it didn't work on firefox either. They said it would show the same error that IE does.. which is

Oh no! Something went wrong.
This error has been logged and our team will be working to fix the problem shortly.

You might want to try our home page. If that's not up, it's probably a good idea to check out our Twitter page for status updates.
mkernz22
when you're on the home page, just 6gc.net, you click on the recent celica's and it just brings you to an error page.
Coomer
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Jan 30, 2011 - 12:16 PM) *
When you add something its not guaranteed coomer can do anything about it, but im sure he would like to just be aware.

Truth. I wasn't aware any of this was going on (with the exception of the search, I'll improve that soon). I'm looking into some of it right now.
Coomer
1. That on someones car profile, underneath anyones comment on the car, it shows there avatar tiled horizontally and makes what they wrote unreadable. Also the picture "scrolling" is gone(which is fine with me) but now we cant comment on any pictures??Any way to add comments to the pictures or back to scrolling?

The avatar bug is fixed. It was a weird bug that I introduced by mistake a few days ago. Sorry about that.

What do you mean by picture "scrolling"? The ability to click to go to the next/previous photo? And comments - I'll work on that soon, but I do have more important stuff first like fixing bugs that are causing errors.
Coomer
QUOTE (samir0189 @ Jan 30, 2011 - 6:16 PM) *
ive noticed the tiled avatars on the profile page.

The profile pages just don't work all together on IE. And a friend of mine complained it didn't work on firefox either. They said it would show the same error that IE does.. which is

Oh no! Something went wrong.
This error has been logged and our team will be working to fix the problem shortly.

You might want to try our home page. If that's not up, it's probably a good idea to check out our Twitter page for status updates.

This should now be fixed.

QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Jan 31, 2011 - 6:06 AM) *
when you're on the home page, just 6gc.net, you click on the recent celica's and it just brings you to an error page.

Are you talking about trying to view individual car profiles? If so, that should be fixed.
SupraKid
QUOTE (Coomer @ Jan 31, 2011 - 10:50 AM) *

The avatar bug is fixed. It was a weird bug that I introduced by mistake a few days ago. Sorry about that.

What do you mean by picture "scrolling"? The ability to click to go to the next/previous photo? And comments - I'll work on that soon, but I do have more important stuff first like fixing bugs that are causing errors.

When the new site was first launched, when you clicked on a picture it opened up above the celica details(on the same page) and you could click on an arrow on the picture and it would scroll to the next picture, not when you click one it opens only the picture on its own page(like the old site minus the comments).

I just tried it and its back to normal!
Coomer
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Jan 31, 2011 - 11:49 AM) *
QUOTE (Coomer @ Jan 31, 2011 - 10:50 AM) *

When the new site was first launched, when you clicked on a picture it opened up above the celica details(on the same page) and you could click on an arrow on the picture and it would scroll to the next picture, not when you click one it opens only the picture on its own page(like the old site minus the comments).

I just tried it and its back to normal!

Ah yes, this makes sense. This was also a result of the bug that caused the avatar images to tile across comments.
SupraKid
Not that anyone uses it, but the link to your control panel that is shown in the multimedia thread description area on the main forum idex is broken.
Coomer
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Feb 7, 2011 - 10:42 AM) *
Not that anyone uses it, but the link to your control panel that is shown in the multimedia thread description area on the main forum idex is broken.

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know. smile.gif
njccmd2002
<------ see under my avatar...

It used to say that i had a gt covertible.

Now i dont know who has what car, st, gt or what year...
MaskedMan
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Feb 10, 2011 - 5:55 PM) *
<------ see under my avatar...

It used to say that i had a gt covertible.

Now i dont know who has what car, st, gt or what year...

I noticed that too.

I think it's gone because we now have the option to add more than one Celica in our profiles.
mkernz22
^We should have the option to choose the car that is our main car, and then that one would be displayed under our avatar
Celicachick49221
Forgive me if the site was just updated and I overlooked it, but a few days ago in threads, I was able to scroll down the page and view everyone's replies/comments in a post, including any pictures. But now whenever I click on a thread, only the 1st post is visible, and there's a long compacted list of replies that I can't view unless I click them all one at a time. Also to do that I click on one, read it, then have to scroll down to the next one, click it and read it, and all it ever shows is one at a time which would take FOREVER with a long thread not to mention it's hard to see where you left off. It just seems really complicated and it's a bit frustrating when you just want to skim over a thread without having to click on each and every reply. Is this happening for anyone else? I'm using Mozilla Firefox, just like I was before when it wasn't doing this. Is there something I can do in my settings to put it back to where I can view everything on a page in a thread just by scrolling down, without clicking on every individual thing?? Any help will be highly appreciated, thank you smile.gif
samir0189
QUOTE (Celicachick49221 @ Feb 11, 2011 - 2:19 PM) *
Forgive me if the site was just updated and I overlooked it, but a few days ago in threads, I was able to scroll down the page and view everyone's replies/comments in a post, including any pictures. But now whenever I click on a thread, only the 1st post is visible, and there's a long compacted list of replies that I can't view unless I click them all one at a time. Also to do that I click on one, read it, then have to scroll down to the next one, click it and read it, and all it ever shows is one at a time which would take FOREVER with a long thread not to mention it's hard to see where you left off. It just seems really complicated and it's a bit frustrating when you just want to skim over a thread without having to click on each and every reply. Is this happening for anyone else? I'm using Mozilla Firefox, just like I was before when it wasn't doing this. Is there something I can do in my settings to put it back to where I can view everything on a page in a thread just by scrolling down, without clicking on every individual thing?? Any help will be highly appreciated, thank you smile.gif

in the top right corner, click OPTIONS> change the "display mode" to STANDARD. wink.gif
Celicachick49221
QUOTE (samir0189 @ Feb 11, 2011 - 2:30 PM) *
QUOTE (Celicachick49221 @ Feb 11, 2011 - 2:19 PM) *

in the top right corner, click OPTIONS> change the "display mode" to STANDARD. wink.gif

lol wow, I just logged in and everything is back to normal without me having to do that. I just looked under options and it's already got "Standard" selected, at least if it does it again I know how to fix it now. smile.gif

Thank you!
richee3
I can't seem to edit my profile. Anybody else having this issue? I can't my avatar, signature, anything.
Zake
QUOTE (richee3 @ Apr 12, 2011 - 6:26 PM) *
I can't seem to edit my profile. Anybody else having this issue? I can't my avatar, signature, anything.

mines working just fine confused.gif
richee3
I clicked "My Controls" up there in the top right corner, nothing. It was weird. I tried on two different computers and two different 6gc accounts. It's working fine for me now though.
Zake
nevermind, i got it wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.