Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timmyface's progression
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Timmyface
Thought about a progress thread for a while, but i should have started when i first got it, but i'll try my best to show most stuff anyway.

October 10, 2009. My 19th birthday. I woke up real bright and early, birthday morning, to drive 2 hours to sydney to look at a celica.
Horrible condition, and i was dissapointed. Young P platers car which wasnt looked after at all. they knew i was coming early that morning, car was filthy, tail light broke, sh*t everywhere in the car, you could tell its been mistreated.

The trek home was quite a sad one, i thought hey, a car for my birthday would have been sweet (even though i was paying haha).
Once home, stopped by another for sale which was advirtised on ebay, and picked her up.

Talked them down near $4000 off the price, so was a fair deal.

Heres the first pics i took.

200k km's on the clock, but previously owned by only 2 older lady drivers, so i'd say its never hit 100, smile.gif

The first mod i chose to do was to remove those horrid hubcaps, and get wheels and 15% Tint.
17" CSA race rims, 205/45r/17 Tyres.

At the same time i painted my calipers red. smile.gif

Around the same time as my wheels, i installed my sound system. I don't have a pic on here atm, but can get some if requested.

Pioneer 3100 Headunit, 2x 6.5" Kicker Splits, 350w 2ch Kicker amp, 800w Slimline Kicker 12" Sub. The stupid spare wheel required me to either get a slimline, or make a new floor or remove the tyre, so i went the slimline, its decent enough for my liking atm.

The next 'Mod' to my memory would be the Crystal clear side indicators, with silver bulbs.

Followed by wolfies clear front indicators, and a cheap Mesh grill.

Than through months of searching, looking for good deals, i found a set of JDM Tails.

Removed the inner orange lens.

A few months of saving, and contemplation of which suspension line i should go down, i finally chose a set of BC BR Racing Coilovers. 30 way adjustable damping, camber adjustable top mounts.

It sat like this for a while, untill my slow ebay addiction kicked in, and i picked up a universal rubber lip.

It didnt serve much purpose, nor did i try and cut it properly. It was a unique look, so i thought what the hell. When i took it off, there were scrape marks UNDERNEATH the lip, which was strange. Silly low cars.

Than next, came one of the best additions.... the 6GC Sticker! Lovin it.

Next came Projectors. Spent the day learning how to remove the front bumper for the first time, and wiring them up smile.gif

Whilst installing the projectors i picked up a SAAS pod filter and aluminium pipe. Pics upon request, bit of a qhetto setup though, haha.

This is how she sat for a few months.

I finnally got sick of the sucked in look in the wheels, and decided on some Spacers
JJR 20mm in the fronts, and 25mm in the back

Before

After

To make the spacers fit, i had to grind off say, 2mm off the studs, which i thought was an acceptable amount. First time with an angle grinder though..was an experience haha.
I DO scrape a little when taking corners too fast, or have a car full. The rears are only JUST touching, so i shall get them rolled soon.

For quite a while, i had liked the look of the euro splitters. One day i found a decent conditioned set, and got them shipped right away.
A week of them being in my possession, painted and installed.

A week later, my OEM sides arrived, also quickly followed by paint and installation smile.gif

And this is pretty much where it is currently at.

I have a set of rear SS-III splitters to be painted in the next weeks and installed, but apart from that, i'm fair content.
Continuously looking out for a few goodies that i may purchase, JDM sills, rear oem seat covers, new wheels smile.gif
But appart from that, im happy atm, and will now start looking into Headers/Exhaust/Performance mods.

Heres a couple more pics for the lols.

Hard to tell, but i added little key hole plugs smile.gif

P.s. As you can see my camera quality/skills have also progressed smile.gif Will post some interior shots another day.

Cheers
NGHTKD
Very simple and clean look but it looks AMAZING!!!

whatthe
Camera skill progression > car mod progression. smile.gif
mak5603
Your car looks awesome! Love your choice of mods with the red.
smkr3w
Your car is now my favorite one here smile.gif Such a clean an simple look to make it awesome.
Ted95
sexxxyyy

dude great progress with this car.
Timmyface
Thanks guys smile.gif

The weather hast been the best atm, so the painting of my rear SS-III splitters are on hold.

So i embarked on another project.

My custom boot install.

Here is how i was currently set up, minus the wires showing.

And the main reason for doing is this, was because the spare tire sticking up was reallly bugging me.

So i took out my carpet, and traced that onto my Particle board.

After a few minor adjustments, i came up with this:

The hole on the right is for my amp to sit in.

The way i wanted my boot to look, was to have my sub laying down, and not vertical.
The only way i could achieve this with my current sub was to lean it against the tyre and the seats, meaning there would need to be a hole for the sub to rest in.

This is the result.

I than added supports underneath to level out the new floor, and everything went together nicely.

I than cut a second piece of MDF to sit over the sub to make it all flush, ill post other pics tomorrow, but this is how it is atm.

Everything is sitting good, although since my sub isnt sitting ON the new floor, the floor is jumping when i go over bumps.
So any pointers on a way to weigh it down or secure it would be great smile.gif
I'll be wrapping the floor tomorrow and show the finished product.
Timmyface
So heres my first attempt and wrapping with vinyl.

Might do a better job another day, but it looks okay for the moment smile.gif

Bigstring
Cracking effort there mate, top job......
kar1
looks awesome mate. so different to how it started!
Timmyface
Finally got some good weather, so operation Paint/Install rear splitters were a go.

Came out really well. Had to modify them a bit to fit correctly, but was all simple stuff.
Now to decide if i want to go SS-III on the front aswell. Hmm.
SwissFerdi
Oh wow. I'm totally de-spoilering mine. Looks gorgeous.
BonzaiCelica
stop doing this too me. I hate you guys now I'm so jealous, so many progress threads with red celica's. The red on the celica is just drop dead gorgeous. I want my celica painted just like yours!!!!! very nice celica. I'm liking it a lot, it looks a bit better than manphibian's celica. I think it could be the shade of red that's a tad different, but I just can't put my finger on it. biggrin.gif

naw stay with your current front bumper and euro splitters they look awesome!
Timmyface
Haha, thanks bonzai. I've always loved manphibians car when i first got mine smile.gif
I am liking the euro splitters too, the only downfall is the difference between them and the skirts and splitters.
SS-III would flow better..but.. >< I don't know anymore.

And spoilerless all the way (Y)
mak5603
I like spoilerless on some cars and on some I don't. I really like it on yours though. I Think your car would look AMAZING with ss-III splitters in the front.

edit: Oh yeah, looking at it again the second pic with ss-III front splitters would be soooooo awesome.
Timmyface
>< It sucks that i'm a very easily convinced type of guy. The smallest compliment can change my mind in an instant.

I have been contemplating it for QUITE a long time, as the only photos i have seen are from terbeau and recently suprakid, which have looked pretty good.

Undoubtedly, someone will say the right words and put me into the buying mindset to get them tongue.gif
Timmyface
Haven't updated this in a while.

A while ago a re-routed my intake system. I'll try get some photo's but i have recently fractured my knee-cap frown.gif
Basically with the intake, i have a flexi pipe running inside the stock airbox, into the fender where the pod filter is.
Looks stock, but not smile.gif

Recently i have:
Got 2 new front tyres. Toyo Teo+'s.

Changed my guages and clock to Blue - Although not 100% happy, i may go with Spree's LED's.

My k's are starting to tick up frown.gif

Installed a 2 1/4" Catback exhaust system.

Purchased a 6000k HID Kit which is on its way.

Currently need 2 new rear wheel bearings frown.gif The sound is horrible atm.

Aaaaannnnddd, a little edit i done smile.gif
HectortheRican
Your car is one of the cleanest cars on this site thumbsup.gif
delusionz
F*cking hot dude! I love every mod on that car!!!
mmmchocolate
Thought about getting ss-III splitters in the front anymore?
Timmyface
Possibly if a set popped up at the right price i'd consider it. I'm pretty happy with it atm once I do all my lights again, so I may consider them again soon. But at the meantime i'll wait till a set finds me haha.
KALLusion
sweet ride. Nice job!
Timmyface
Ok, so, Having a fractured knee cap isn't playing to well on my budget spending. Sitting at home all day on the net = $$$ that i don't have haha.

I've recently installed my HID's, but im waiting till i can drive to get a good night photo.

In the mean time, i'm waiting for my LED Kit from spree, and i have some new guages/bezel coming too.

So currently, since i cant drive frown.gif my car is in pieces, interior wise, waiting for my new parts.

Boredom finally got ahold of me and decided to mod again haha.

Since im getting Spree's LED's, i have my old ones spare, so this is what i came up with.

The inside lights worked out pretty good. Spread evenly and doesnt light up the car, just them side pockets.
Adds a nice accent to the inside smile.gif
senick
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Mar 3, 2011 - 12:22 AM) *

That is a gorgeous shot. You know, is it just me or does the 6gc actually resemble an Aston Martin from that angle? Without the spoiler I can really see a DB9...
Timmyface
New update time since its cold and have nothing better to do.

So my 'Wheel bearing' problem turned out to be my back tyres.
So i moved them up front and the noise is a little less noticable now smile.gif

I removed the blue led's in the doors, thought it was a bit too noticable for my likings.

Anywho, Recieved my dash kit from spree, heres some pics of my AC Controls and Guages.

I also bought a set of custom made gauges, white, with outlines of numbers at night.
Could be a bit better, looks better in the photos but i'm happy atm.

Heres some pics of them in the light. Also carbon Fibre wrapped the surrounding bezel.

And the ashtray thingg.

Also modded my pre-face indicators.
Made them into Parker/Indicators. Think they turned out fairly well smile.gif

Buying a set of SSIII Splitters this week, hoping they will be on in a week or too. Re-done my intake again, shall get pics tomorrow.
And that about all thats new. wink.gif
S8S8
The new dials look good, especially with the CF surround.
Timmyface
Still working on making the LED's look good in there, but it looks sweet at day time! haha.

Heres a quick pic of my new intake setup. I CBF finishing it any time soon haha.

And look whats coming by the end of next week hopefully smile.gif

Test fittings.

delusionz
Send your euro splitters this way tongue.gif
Timmyface
Maybe in a bit tongue.gif Think i might hold onto them for a while in case i change my mind again tongue.gif

I shall see how this looks in a week or two, and i might not want to hold onto the euro's tongue.gif
delusionz
Yeah I really liked the look of SS-III sides and rear with euro splitters on your car, I actually didn't think you would go SS-III all round.

I suggest drop the rear more or raise the front a tad and call it a day with the euro splitters smile.gif
Timmyface
I've thought about it for a couple of months now, so i took the plunge.

I'll see what feedback i get once i do it tongue.gif

I have to find somewhere to roll my guards if i want to drop the back any more, which i would like to another cm or two, but lifting the front might be easier to level it out better.

Front on photos i loveeee the euro splitters, but the side views just let the car down in my eyes.

Here's a shot of my HID's.
Its freezing outside so i cbf getting a better angle tongue.gif

delusionz
That looks really nice,

Yeah, I know what you mean, Roll the inner lip up. Call up engineer shops, ask them if they have that tool I don't know what it's called, but it bolts onto your hub and they turn it.

I'd have to do the same if I had flush fitment lol
Timmyface
Yeah, no one within the hours drive around my house can do it.

And i don't feel like buying the tool myself tongue.gif

I may have to venture towards sydney if i ever get the effort. tongue.gif
Timmyface

Hopefully this will be one of the last shots before the SSIII Splitters come on.
Weathers too crap to paint them atm, hopefully through the week smile.gif

Also have an EL Panel coming for my guages. Hopefully they will work out good.
Timmyface
So today,

I hop out of the car at work and what do i see.... My right splitter just dangling there, but 1 screw.
I don't know how long it was hanging there for, but i wasn't too happy.

So atm, i'm 1 splitter down till i put it back on tomorrow. frown.gif

Anywho, got my EL Panel the other day, here are some pics of the speedo:

Lowest Dim Setting:

Highest Dim Setting:

I snapped by Temp Needle somehow too frown.gif

And another of the celica number plate smile.gif
jordisonjr
If your brave you can use a hammer/rubber mallet and a heat gun to roll your fenders.
Its not the best way, but if you don't have access to a fender roller it would work.
Heat the paint up around the lip so that it doesn't crack and just slowly work the lip up
Timmyface
Not much of an update, but heres a few photos.

Got my SSIII Front Splitters painted today, so these shall be the last with the euro's on smile.gif

I also have a mad leak somewhere in the car.. might get photos of that too
Timmyface
SSIII Splitters.

I'll get some better photos on the weekend. Heres some driveway pics for the moment.

dudeofchaos
Damn your car looks sooo gorgeous! How do you make your paint look so glossy and perfect? lol
I like everything about it, simply beautiful. Makes me wanna go wingless!
Btw, do you have any pictures or any writings about how to install the projectors and make your parker/indicator? Cause I don't think there's a bulb at this place in the projector right?

Whatever.. clean, clean! Love it.
RabidTRD
I can't wait to get the splitters for my car. Looking good
manphibian
This looks absolutely awesome mate.

Good stuff thumbsup.gif
mak5603
Lovin' it dude!

Those SSIII splitters look 100 times better than the Euro splitters. thumbsup.gif
Timmyface
Thanks guys smile.gif I'm really happy how they turned out, and pretty much fitted with ease smile.gif keen to get some better photos.

QUOTE (dudeofchaos @ Jun 30, 2011 - 2:32 AM) *
do you have any pictures or any writings about how to install the projectors and make your parker/indicator? Cause I don't think there's a bulb at this place in the projector right?

Not sure what your after here. There's 1 or 2 projector how to's on here which I used, and there's a bulb in the projectors for your parkers. If you meant my pre-face turns into parkers, that's simple smile.gif if you need any help/trouble with the projectors id be glad to help out.
jordisonjr
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Jun 26, 2011 - 7:05 AM) *

WOW, super sick picture man!
These SS-III splitters look way better then the euro splitters IMO.
Was it difficult getting them to fit the preface bumper?
I thought the SS-III were specifically for the post face lift.
dudeofchaos
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Jun 29, 2011 - 3:58 PM) *
Thanks guys smile.gif I'm really happy how they turned out, and pretty much fitted with ease smile.gif keen to get some better photos.

QUOTE (dudeofchaos @ Jun 30, 2011 - 2:32 AM) *
do you have any pictures or any writings about how to install the projectors and make your parker/indicator? Cause I don't think there's a bulb at this place in the projector right?

Not sure what your after here. There's 1 or 2 projector how to's on here which I used, and there's a bulb in the projectors for your parkers. If you meant my pre-face turns into parkers, that's simple smile.gif if you need any help/trouble with the projectors id be glad to help out.

Well I don't have projectors (for the moment tongue.gif) but I will get them one day.
What I wanted to know is if there is a bulb next to the projector on the corner for what I believe you call the parkers. (Which you just said there is) Do they light up as soon as you put the key at ''on'' ?
I also wanted to know how you wired your projectors but I didn't know there's a how-to for this. tongue.gif
Timmyface
Jordisonjr: The front splitters were prettt much bolt on. The only problem is how the end towards the centre of the car curves in to match the facelift extension. Once bolted tight enough they curve under the facelift too.

I'm lovin them.

Chaos: yeah, in the corners of the projecters there's a bulb spot. They turn on when you flick your lights on once, so them/tails light up but not your lights. Some people have put indicators in there too.

There's some write ups on projectors but in short, you need to take your front bumper off, than they're a direct replacement.

smile.gif
dudeofchaos
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Jun 29, 2011 - 6:34 PM) *
Jordisonjr: The front splitters were prettt much bolt on. The only problem is how the end towards the centre of the car curves in to match the facelift extension. Once bolted tight enough they curve under the facelift too.

I'm lovin them.

Chaos: yeah, in the corners of the projecters there's a bulb spot. They turn on when you flick your lights on once, so them/tails light up but not your lights. Some people have put indicators in there too.

There's some write ups on projectors but in short, you need to take your front bumper off, than they're a direct replacement.

smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif
Needles
that db9 is really cool, lool laugh.gif im gonna took off my rear wing right now lololol, but seriously your car have bieautiful color and its stunning . the shape is just more than perfect, congrat thumbsup.gif
cax_11
can you say, sexiest N/A Celica ever?? this car makes me wanna loose the wing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.