Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing Fuel Pump
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
mkernz22
I'm thinking about replacing my fuel pump in the spring. I don't know how old it is (probably the original) but it's better to be safe than sorry. Should I go with an OEM one or the Walbro 255lph? Would it be a bad thing if I used the Walbro one?
Also, is it hard to replace or just plug in and play?
presure2
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Feb 11, 2011 - 8:50 AM) *
I'm thinking about replacing my fuel pump in the spring. I don't know how old it is (probably the original) but it's better to be safe than sorry. Should I go with an OEM one or the Walbro 255lph? Would it be a bad thing if I used the Walbro one?
Also, is it hard to replace or just plug in and play?

dont replace it till you have to mike.
the OEM one is VERY expensive for what it is, (over 200) and the walbro is loud, and way more fuel than youll need in a 5s.
Jamchell
Fully agree with Presure on this one, I never replace a fuel pump unless it's not working right or way too loud etc…..
D-Man
^agreed a 3rd time.

But if you must, Use an OEM replacement unless you've not got an OEM engine in your car.
mkernz22
damnn, didn't know it was that much for an OEM one. F*CK. i should've taken the one out of my silver car before I scrapped it. facepalm.....
I still have the one from the blue car as a backup, but the silver car had 100k less than both cars lol
Remy
Just get a denso fuel pump same as the oem one just different part numbers plus half the price too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.