Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ecu remap?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
replica250
Might be a strange question, but I've read on line that the standard st202 ecu can be remaped and that in the factory they detune about 50 bhp?
Rusty
Short answer no, the factory ecu is ROM. To be able to remap it, someone would have to create a new 'sisterboard' and allow additional input (I know of a company in NZ which does these for Silvia's, same reason).

I think the closest we get to that is the C-One ECU, which is a mail in factory ecu and returned tuned ecu. (which I dont think you can retune afterwards)
replica250
Figures, was to good to be true to be honest, but you never. Know, what's rom?
Had a look at the c one web site this morning about 12 hundred quid to buy a ecu that'll run 220ps, outa my price range if I had a k to spunk I'd have the thing viynal wraped. Can they be chipped I belive is the turm, but never heard anything good about it on other cars!
4-eyed-freek
rom stands for read only memory. they are perminantly programed and cant be changed. there are many types of memory such as ram, kam, eprom and a few others. they all are different in little ways. if you want something that can be reprogramed like an i pod every day you would need e.e.p.r.o.m.(eeprom) electronically erasable programmable read only memory. but as far as i know this is only used in high end cars and not for our celicas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.