Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: injector upgraged
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
replica250
ok ive been doing some digging on the net at posible upgrade injectors for my uk 3sge st202 celica gt 1994 year, its seems that standard are lite green toped 295cc?
brown are 250cc and the pink top flow 315cc?
is this correct if so if standard ones are green can i use pink injectors with no ill affects to running etc dont really want to have to spend 80 quid per injector from blitz as id have to use a piggy back or stand alone ecu with a avlue of more than i paid for the car in the forst place!
so in summery can i use the uprated injecotrs from nippon denso flowing 315cc and not have to mess with the car at all, may be just fit a fpr,
or does anyone know of any other altratives and where to sorse them from?
cheers jay biggrin.gif
presure2
unless your putting on a turbo, putting in bigger injectors isnt going to do anything but cause you issues.
Hafkai
The stock ST202 3S-GE injectors are ~375cc, as long as you stay N/A you won't need bigger injectors for this engine wink.gif
replica250
375cc. nothing ive read sugests that yet i need to find out from a shop that auto datato be sure, for agument sake if there is some slitly larger one avalble i thought it whould add a little more power, ive got a power deck and k&n cold air intake and ngk iex plugs and magicore leads but the fueling is still standard.
mkernz22
From what I've read, it doesn't matter (to a point) what size injectors you run because the excess gas will just go into the return line and go back into the tank
Hafkai
They're definitely 370-375cc, the part number on them should be 23250-74160 .. i had them in my turbo 7A-FE for a year.
Bigger injectors won't give you any power, like presure2 said. Even if you install slightly larger injectors your ECU would adjust the injector timing so that in runs like before. If you install to big injectors your car would just run to rich all the time and maybe you would lose some power.

If you want to optimize the injection and timing you have to install a piggyback like the E-manage Ultimate or AEM FIC. The stock 3S-GE injectors are good for 270-280bhp, i doubt that any street driven N/A 3S-GE will really need bigger injectors wink.gif
replica250
ok cheers for the advice guys, i figured that with slitly bigger injectors running standard psi it would benifit it and run nicer and perhapes make a little more power and with the ecu afr relurn and a fpr i could tweak it and make it even better biggrin.gif
replica250
Well seeing as Toyota are the only place to buy the injectors new for my car in the uk I phoned them, £883 for 4 injectors! I don't think so some how, and getting them cleaned wil cost £60 each plus the vat so that'll have to wait, so it'll be Sevral bottles of injector cleaner all at one then!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.