Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention SWAPPERS
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
NEVERSTOP
I am currently desiding what to do with for my transmission when I put my 3sgte back in this spring..

I have:

(2) 5SFE transmissions
(1) 3sge transmission
(1) 3sgte transmission

I have been thinkin about using the 3sge trans with a 5sfe bellhousing (well the equivalent of it for these transmissions) but if I do that then I will have to use a smaller flywheel/clutch than what I would like to and am worried about powerloss through my drivetrain.

I am thinkin about just using the MR2 turbo tranny and wanted some feedback about it from people that have used it for there 3sgte swaps.

1. what work/mods where required?
2. what flywheel and clutch etc are you using?
3. have you had any probs with it?
4. any addditional comments or concerns?

I am looking to be 400+HP when It gets put back together so if any one knows off hand how much HP this trans can hold stock let me know also.. think I have heard 500 mark but not sure on that.

Thanks for your feedback
5sfeTurbo
Not entirley sure but isnt the mr2 tranny the only real possible tranny to use when goin nuts with power/ unless you want a 4wd conversion then you can use the 3sgte trans. Well I know I read an article were a kid used the mr2 tranny to attain higher boost but 400+hp I havent the foggiest. Your really aiming to whomp some ass in that thing, happy boostin'. Are you building the motor up before you fully complete the swap/ if so what are you hookin up?
NEVERSTOP
I completed that swap quite a while ago.. I decided to completly tear apart the car over a year ago and have been redoing everything over.. basically bolt by bolt.. its kinda riduculous.. but when its done I shouldnt have to worry about nothin biggrin.gif

I had used the 3sgte trans with kind of a jerry rigged gt4 rear end but was having problems with alignment issues and I plan on breakin 160 this year on the 1/4 and I wasnt gonna do it with that rear end. so I sold it off and am goin to go to just FWD.

you can use the 3sge trans just fine but the one i have is from the wrong year so the starter is in the wrong place so I will have to use the housing from the 5sfe which is gonna limit me so dont think I am gonna go that route now.

there is the MR2 trans and is probablyt he option I will go.

There is also the solara trans which I have heard will work but not sure if it is the same or different from the MR2, the Camary V6 trans is supposed to work also.
Supersprynt
What year 3SGE Tranny do you have?
NEVERSTOP
93 jdm.. but the starter exits on the wrong side... towards the exhaust manifold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.