Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snow with nice rims ouch
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Celica2085TA
Has anyone taken of their rims for the winter and thrown on the old ones? just took mine off today. I don't want the salt to get to them and 215/35 on a 18 inch rim just doesn't cut it. mad.gif
Andason
im leavin mine on, then again, im trying to drive my car as little bit as possible
TRDracerGT
Yeah im planning on leaving mine on too.. Hopefully its not going to be a bad winter
celicakid84
mine are off... look how sad!!!

user posted image
Silver94CelicaOwner
Even more sad is not having any nice rims to take off.... frown.gif
NYCelica
I got Gunmetal rims and I dont think they will get rusty or something.
lagos
i hear that you should wipe them off from all the road salt after you finish driving. its the salt that eats away at the paint finish on most rims.

im keeping mine on. i got them for 560$ with tires, if they get ****ed up then ill just buy new ones and use these for winter wheels next year.
orvillescelica
my stock ones were stolen right off my car, so i guess im leaving mine on. Should i wipe them after eacht time i drive? or just only after it snows and the salt trucks have been running?
lagos
id do it every time you drive because the salt is still on the road for a long time after they salt it.
5sfeTurbo
QUOTE (Silver94CelicaOwner @ Dec 6, 2003 - 6:26 PM)
Even more sad is not having any nice rims to take off.... frown.gif

AMEN!!
idriveatruckWTF
QUOTE (celicakid84 @ Dec 6, 2003 - 6:17 PM)
mine are off... look how sad!!!

user posted image

Haha, that looks funny!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.