Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celica snow/wake board style
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Celica2085TA
Ever use the back tow hook to pull snowboarders in the winter. It's kinda fun. But do it down a side street and make some jumps. biggrin.gif
Andason
and dont let the cops find you doing this.
aaronc222
I remember skitching on my snowboard when I lived in MA. Going that fast on a board is sooo fun.
Supersprynt
Anybody remember the Nintendo game Skitchin!

Who am I kidding 1/2 the kids on the site never had the original Nintendo, crap i feel old.
aaronc222
Hey now. I had an NES, Comodore 64, and even a Texas Intsruments(not the calculator, the actual keyboard with the cartridge slot).
Andason
the coolest was the power pad.

they should make more games like this to get kids off the couch
Hym3n
Yeah really. I'm 15 but I was raised on the NES, hell, I remember when me and my brother went and got the SNES on the day it came out.. was like the best day of my life. Sounds fun, but too bad there's like.. no snow in Texas.. =/

-Brian
97celicaca
i still have the original nintendo. great system. i have the gun n that game where u shoot ducks (duck hunt) n that game where u shoot terrorists on airplanes etc. still play it.
Andason
QUOTE (97celicaca @ Dec 6, 2003 - 12:53 PM)
i still have the original nintendo. great system. i have the gun n that game where u shoot ducks (duck hunt) n that game where u shoot terrorists on airplanes etc. still play it.

someones younger then you... im amazed biggrin.gif

Yeah really. I'm 15 but I was raised on the NES
Silver94CelicaOwner
Im with aaronc222 on that Texas Instruments thingy....where you put cartriges in, that was sweet. smile.gif Especially that mode where you type a sentence in it and it tries to read it to you, it would never pronounce anything right....ever....such incredible entertainment. Btw im 18 and had one if it makes you feel any younger. wink.gif

edit- about the snowboarding thing, my brother drove in the snow with his old Pontiac once with my neighbor holding on to the bumper on his snowboard....he ended up hitting the back of the Pontiac and leaving a huge dent in the trunk with his shoulder. tongue.gif Good times.
Celica2085TA
I loved the original nintendo better than any system( well maybe not) but i think that the games were built better and is was more of a game because it was more cartoonie. thats why i still have it hooked up. games today are too realistic but they are still cool. i wonder whats it going to be like in 20 years? confused.gif
Drocay
NEOGEO Metal Slug, best shooter game ever.
FallenHero
I have never played NeoGeo. I heard it was great back in the day though. Was it?
aaronc222
Neo Geo is still great. I play Metal Slug 4 on MAME all the time(even though 2,3 and 4 are almost identical). Not to mention the KOF series.
And the TI speech was amazing for it's time. My uncle had one and we hooked 2 of the synths to one TI and it basically just echoed every sound it made. Fun times.

And snowboarding the back of a car would be so fun about now. Too bad we don't get much snow here or I'd buy another board.
5sfeTurbo
one word "paperboy" biggrin.gif
aaronc222
2 words. 'Burger Time'.
5sfeTurbo
2 other words "Bubble Bobble"
Hym3n
Excitebike like whoa.
idriveatruckWTF
Mario Brothers is still the sh!t. I have a few of their tunes on my phone as ringtones and such. And I'm 19 btw. -=)
Andason
how can you guys forget contra?!?!?!?! up up down down left right left right b a b a select start.... you however are a God if you can beat that game with 3 lifes.
idriveatruckWTF
QUOTE (Andason @ Dec 7, 2003 - 2:41 PM)
how can you guys forget contra?!?!?!?! up up down down left right left right b a b a select start.... you however are a God if you can beat that game with 3 lifes.

Haven't forgot about Contra! Or the code!! Hahah, I got a few friends that work at Gamestop, a video game store, so they talk about video games all the time. Now, Ninja Gaiden is a badass game also! My friend just gave me a free Ninja Gaiden shirt now that we speak of it, ha. Yeh, I'll takes pics soon of my NES. MAME is a "memory bringer backer also".
jayi12-15psi
my favorite game system

ocama(sp?) gamesphere

oh yeah
ghostdog
QUOTE (jayi12-15psi @ Dec 7, 2003 - 10:05 PM)
my favorite game system

ocama(sp?) gamesphere

oh yeah

off topic but its pretty funny how they called it the 'okama gamesphere' when that word means gay in Japanese.

>>>

OKAMA [o-ka-ma']
Gay. This came from a Sanskrit word "karma." This term "okama" is supposed to be one of the derogatory words. The word "gei(gay)" seems to be used by many people. Usually "okama" means "pot (especially the one to cook rice with)"
snadman
I still play my SNES, and my NES sometimes...only when I'm in the mood for hunting some ducks. It's great, you can hunt these ducks all year long and anytime you want! 16...almost 17
Celica2085TA
Does anyone know the code for the first mario. The one that makes u continnue?
Cormudgen
no one said what i was expecting to hear

EXCITE BIKE!

cormudgen
Hym3n
Cormudgen, I did! !! AIM me those pics sometime soon too, I can accept 'em today.

-Brian
RedSunCelica
never did it on snowboard but i did it once on a scooter and on a skate board. damn good times. biggrin.gif oh and the best game of all time will be galaga (sp) and pitfall for atari that game is TIGHT!
UniStorm
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Dec 6, 2003 - 1:13 PM)
Anybody remember the Nintendo game Skitchin!

Who am I kidding 1/2 the kids on the site never had the original Nintendo, crap i feel old.

Hey Dont feel bad. I used to love that game. They need to bring that back on one of the newer systems
speedracer_2020
QUOTE (Celica2085TA @ Dec 6, 2003 - 11:08 AM)
Ever use the back tow hook to pull snowboarders in the winter. It's kinda fun. But do it down a side street and make some jumps. biggrin.gif

Dude. I was just looking at the Ontairo driving law guide.

It states that you will be issued TWO demerit points for towing a tobbogan or snowboard (or bike or whatever)

Funny you mention that stuff.
haightc
you serious... that is whack... never towed anyone though... the mountains are more than close enough... Man you have any idea what that kind of **** that does to you board... I bet those kids are buying new boars atleast every other week a heck of a way to blow half a G on a regular basis...

As far as the retro...definatly pac-man galaga and pitfall where the shizna... I loved my famicom and everything, but it"s like my favorite is still the Sega Saturn... In fact I played it all the time until I got my xbox. Now I played Tenku2 (Amped!) all the time... also have to give mad old skool props to the Amiga... for the time that had some baddass graphics and music and so did it's predessors... oh yah... I am sure everyone remebre the badasskonami shooters on the MSX
Celica2085TA
you serious... that is whack... never towed anyone though... the mountains are more than close enough... Man you have any idea what that kind of **** that does to you board... I bet those kids are buying new boars atleast every other week a heck of a way to blow half a G on a regular basis...

we use old boards
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.