Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST204 5SFE PROJECT
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TRD11
hey guys ...... just picked up a non running 96 celica gt for 1000 bucks about 6 months ago with a half fast turbo kit . i wish i had pics ........... it had pvc plastic pipe as intercooler pipe and a 14mm socket welded in the oil pan for the oil drain and also had that **** plastic nylon tube you get for a boost gauge he had it as a oil feed to the turbo ...the hole kit he made cost him 400 bucks what a joke //////// going to give you guys the low down on the new project car !!!!!!

what she looked like when i first got her ....... looks good in the pic butt it is ruff

as i whas pulling the first piston out it fell into 5 peaces and the compression rings where broke in half ... thank god the block is fine laugh.gif

got new nipon 87.00 mm pistons

i got a rebuilt head for 350 bucks

as the first start i had some miner leaks like the injector o ring was twisted but it was an easy fix.

so i got 10.000 miles on the fresh engine with and still running like a champ ....... now HERE COMES THE PAINT ......dent ,,,,dent dent,,,

i welded up the front side lights and cut out new side light holes in the back of the fender for the sleeker look .. got them out of 2003 land rover fenders witch are very nice because they have a orange smoked color

there whas a ugly brace in the middle of the wing i had to get rid of rolleyes.gif

all taped and all primed ready to paint ..... i used a ford black .. the paint code is UA ...transtar product and allso clear

right after the over spray cleared out i had to take a pic ....... or two biggrin.gif

a day after the wet sand and buffed

BOOST TIME

ebey stainless log for 150 buck and 38mm turbonetics wastegate

polished up the air housing and paint the exhaust side and got the down pipe off of ebay .............. if you have any questions about this i can send any one links /////// turbo is a t3 with 63 exhaust wheel and 50 air

the new tial bov its like Christmas when i get home and this **** is sitting on the steps lol tongue.gif

and this is where i am at right now i took them today

im thinking of getting this front bumper .....NO OR YES ...

and the rota torque ....... bad ass

HectortheRican
Good work so far!
NGHTKD
can't wait to see all the progress with this!
TRD11
hey thanks
smkr3w
dont mean to sound like an idiot (though i prolly will), but i was under the impression to turbo a 5s you needed a 3s head/manifold, but obviously you made it work with a 5s head.. tbh im confused lol
TRD11
well i heard that the 3s head will give you more over all hp butt it is fine to boost 5sfe wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
SwissFerdi
^ Definitely is.

I like this build a lot, very clean but seems to be done right. Also, nice "Home Depot" front lip.
whatthe
Mad as sleeper, cool lip too.
lagos
very impressive work! Now just get some nice wheels for it and you'll be all set!
CoreyST
I really like this celica, and the lip doesn't look all that bad for what it is. Great job on the car. How does it run?
TRD11
thanks guys ,,,,, it runs like **** now but im going to get a mr2 map because the stock 5sfe map only reads 5 psi then falls on its face ,,, but im going to get rid of the 12.1 fmu and get a safcII ... and get some 460cc rx7 injectors then i can tune her smile.gif ,,,,,,,,, i need some suggestions on wheels HELP ????????
NGHTKD
rota torque with a tough offset or black XXR BBS LM replicas

any updates?
Supersprynt
I wouldn't get the bumper.
mak5603
You've brought that car a long way, nice work. Can't wait to see what else you do with it!
KALLusion
good choice of rims, they will go good with the front bumper. I have not seen that bumper before, its clean looking.
NGHTKD
as you've probably heard with that bumper, looks great, no many people have it but by ALL COUNTS its an absolute pig to fit / poor fitment
Needles
hey that engine looks NICE !!! i love the color and how its end up , this one is of the most beautiful engine i ever seen mad.gif (im jalous lol )
whatthe
So sexy. Please make a video.
TRD11
lol wink.gif yea its hard to keep clean for a daily ....... my next project is to relocate the alternator down were my ac compressor was so that i put an air filter on ..... i only have a metal screen on it now wink.gif
Ted95
great work so far man, im impressed! those wheels will look sick too, esp if you run that tire setup too lol
PolliS_5S-FE
QUOTE (TRD11 @ Apr 4, 2011 - 5:42 PM) *
thanks guys ,,,,, it runs like **** now but im going to get a mr2 map because the stock 5sfe map only reads 5 psi then falls on its face ,,, but im going to get rid of the 12.1 fmu and get a safcII ... and get some 460cc rx7 injectors then i can tune her smile.gif ,,,,,,,,, i need some suggestions on wheels HELP ????????

that is a f***n nice looking car man. Looked at it several times now tongue.gif. so technically up to 5psi you could stick with 5sfe map?
KAOS
Wow what a beautiful build... you make the 5S owners proud!
NYp8tBaller07
I really love the front, looks very nice
TRD11
R.I.P to the 5sfe................. only has 5 psi oil pressure on the stock engine ///////// now its time for a full build motor tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
PolliS_5S-FE
Is it dead!?
NGHTKD

Keep us updated!
TRD11
yea i was just cruzin and the one hydraulic lifter stared raping ......lol it still runs but no power .... so ill just build a stock motor for now to get it on the road ... then ill get building on my new motor witch i do not no what im going to do yet ........ any suggestions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any one ...................
NGHTKD
QUOTE (TRD11 @ May 31, 2011 - 11:49 PM) *
yea i was just cruzin and the one hydraulic lifter stared raping ......lol it still runs but no power .... so ill just build a stock motor for now to get it on the road ... then ill get building on my new motor witch i do not no what im going to do yet ........ any suggestions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any one ...................

If your looking for 300whp just do a basic bottom end rebuild or buy a gen2-3 3SGTE + boltons. But considering you have all turbo parts, I'd recommend forged 5SFTE.
PolliS_5S-FE
QUOTE (NGHTKD @ May 31, 2011 - 11:52 PM) *
QUOTE (TRD11 @ May 31, 2011 - 11:49 PM) *

Depends if you want to stay with 5SFTE or go 3SGTE, I chose 5SFTE. How much power are you looking at making?

If your looking for 300whp just do a basic bottom end rebuild or buy a gen2-3 3SGTE + boltons. But considering you have all turbo parts, I'd recommend forged 5SFTE.

X2 go for 5sFTE, theres so many 3s around... + im gonna be doing 5sfte SOMEtime down the track hopefully sooooo... more documentation for me wink.gif

or possibly 5sgte biggrin.gif
TRD11
well im looking to be around 300 whp .... im thinking of using the 5sfe block with the 3SGTE head as if its not 2 hard 2 du
NGHTKD
for 300whp stick with 5SFTE!

if i was going 500whp + then id go 5SGTE (5s block, 3s head)
TRD11
i need h beam rods for a 5sfe and i cant find any ............only for the turbo mr2 3SGTE can any one hook me up with a link ,,,,, need help
TRD11
i found rods for a 5sfe ..... mr2 .. but are they the same block !!!!!!!!!!!?????????
TRD11
well ......... my oil gauge was going bad and the the head got quiet so im stiil driving it haha ... it is runing great but ...... i got a new gauge and when the car is warmed up and driving it goes to 40 psi .. and when it idles its 10 psi can anyone tell me if it is normal or not
al94st
3 post to 2 post spoiler modification looks cool, nice work
SwissFerdi
Don't buy Rotas. Good luck with the engine though, hope you get that figured out soon. Downtime sucks.
TRD11
well when i first got the car there was a big 1/12 hole in the dash pad ....... dumb ass kids ....... lets drill a hole in the dash for gauges i would like to round house there face frown.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

TRD11
now it comes to this 6 hours of dam labor lol kindasad.gif \\ old one coming out

fresh

pulled it out of a 99

installing

got new gauge over lays .... bad ass they glow white

moved my 3 gauges

and new steering wheal i got for 30 bucks lol and the dash pad i got for 13 bucks

TRD11
and my dirty ass engine bay i did not clean in a wile ...... snow sucks

got my new rear window visor today ,,,,,,,, putting it on tomorrow smile.gif

Bimbo
I like the the lip you have on but the bumper you are considering looks awesome, it all depends like they say that the fitment is crazy bad. For the wheels I really like the oem you have, always liked five star wheels. Also like the pontiac grand am GT emblem you put in the back of the car.
BonzaiCelica
nice pick up on the dash and steering wheel. Ya I now what you mean, pain in the ass to remove the dash. good job!
TRD11
QUOTE (Bimbo @ Nov 21, 2011 - 11:07 PM) *
I like the the lip you have on but the bumper you are considering looks awesome, it all depends like they say that the fitment is crazy bad. For the wheels I really like the oem you have, always liked five star wheels. Also like the pontiac grand am GT emblem you put in the back of the car.

lol yea not to many people no the gt emblem is off a grand am haha ,,,

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Nov 22, 2011 - 3:13 AM) *
nice pick up on the dash and steering wheel. Ya I now what you mean, pain in the ass to remove the dash. good job!

haha yea its a bitch
Bimbo
LOL. I new about the emblem because my first car was a 1993 pontiac grand am GT and I bought that same emblem. My first bike was a GT Performer, first car Grand am GT and I hope soon I'll be a proud owner of a GT 6gc. But still havent found one for a good price and in good condition here in Florida.
ricochet1490
QUOTE (TRD11 @ Nov 12, 2011 - 8:36 AM) *
well ......... my oil gauge was going bad and the the head got quiet so im stiil driving it haha ... it is runing great but ...... i got a new gauge and when the car is warmed up and driving it goes to 40 psi .. and when it idles its 10 psi can anyone tell me if it is normal or not

It's fine. This thread has his numbers, plus a couple links on page three for oil pressure.
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...81058&st=40
kurt95gt
Yea just like my thread shows that's normal
I was worried to but if your tapped into the same place as me
its a return line so the psi reads lower than you would think
atleast that was my understanding from what I read in the links
TRD11
QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ Nov 23, 2011 - 3:12 PM) *
QUOTE (TRD11 @ Nov 12, 2011 - 8:36 AM) *

It's fine. This thread has his numbers, plus a couple links on page three for oil pressure.
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...81058&st=40

thanks
TRD11
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Nov 23, 2011 - 9:02 PM) *
Yea just like my thread shows that's normal
I was worried to but if your tapped into the same place as me
its a return line so the psi reads lower than you would think
atleast that was my understanding from what I read in the links

well i got my line feeding off of the front right of the head witch is the main oil pressure out lit smile.gif ............
kurt95gt
yea same spot
mrmatt
beautiful car man i love it.
TRD11
QUOTE (mrmatt @ Nov 23, 2011 - 10:16 PM) *
beautiful car man i love it.

thanks man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.