Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST 1/4 mile times.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Toyolica
Lets see them. I think if I ran mine I might be in the 18's. frown.gif
FallenHero
I THINK I heard somewhere if you CAI and Underdrive pully a ST with a super afc, then you get low 16's.
Coomer
I ran a 17.7 with a dying clutch and bad compression, from partially-fried piston rings I believe.
ToYCeLi8
A friend of mine "says" they ran somewhere in the 15's. With a BONE STOCK ST! I've driving the car and raced against it (before the swap) and YES it was pretty quick.

Although the way they timed it wasnt accurate at all. It was with a stopwatch on the street.

So you guys tell me what you think about that? Is it really possible?

David
Ghost
If they had a running start
Kwanza
I would guesstimate mid-high 16's for myself... and no... there's no way in hell an ST can run 15's w/o turbo, nitrious, etc...
97sccelica
QUOTE (Kwanza @ Dec 8, 2003 - 10:12 AM)
I would guesstimate mid-high 16's for myself... and no... there's no way in hell an ST can run 15's w/o turbo, nitrious, etc...

i agree
95silvergt
my best time in my car was a 14.9 wit a few bolt ons. but it is very torque. but my celica is a gt.
Coomer
QUOTE (95silvergt @ Dec 8, 2003 - 11:50 AM)
my best time in my car was a 14.9 wit a few bolt ons. but it is very torque. but my celica is a gt.

What modifications do you have, and what was your trap speed? 14.9 is really fast for a GT.
Kwanza
QUOTE (95silvergt @ Dec 8, 2003 - 12:50 PM)

Trust me... you don't run 14.9... unless you're squeezin or turboed...
RedSunCelica
i ran a 10.3 at the 1/8th mile i always wanted to see what i run on a quarter mile.

but then again i dont want to get disappointed so i stick with Auto X
97sccelica
i went to the track a few weeks ago.

at the time i had my old turbo on the car, and it was fuxored. at the track it made no boost until halfway through 2nd and barely held 4psi

the car was running like crap and pulled a 16.7 @80mph

with my new turbo, peak boost of 8.5psi at 4krpm in first(5psi by 3k) and a spike to 10.5 in the shift to 2nd then it holds at 8.5psi all the way to 4th.

should make a huge difference next time i go to the track.
Toyolica
What happened to my other reply? Did I say something bad?
1bwilson
QUOTE (Kwanza @ Dec 8, 2003 - 3:20 PM)
QUOTE (95silvergt @ Dec 8, 2003 - 12:50 PM)

Trust me... you don't run 14.9... unless you're squeezin or turboed...

Agreed.

My best is 16.4 missing 2nd

-Bryan-
kuya1284
My fastest ever with my former ST (back when I had the 7A) was 16.545. And that's with intake, exhaust, and factory 14" wheels. Once I got my 16's installed, I started running 16.9 to 17.2.

Here's the proof of the mediocre feat:

user posted image

MY ADVICE... if you want faster time at the tracks... put your 14's back on... It won't look as nice (and hey, it's not a car show), but it'll get you faster times...
doGGy
My best time was 16.32 including reaction time, and i was on my '16.. So i think it is very good for ST...
FallenHero
Go away mr. Euro hood wing wink.gif
doGGy
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Dec 9, 2003 - 7:28 PM)
Go away mr. Euro hood wing wink.gif

HE HE LOL smile.gif ok,im out...... no more replays from my side..... frown.gifsmile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.