Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refitting gearbox - having some difficulties!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
S8S8
I've fitted the new clutch and machined flywheel, but I'm having a horrid time trying to put the gearbox back on. The shaft is sliding into the clutch disk okay, but something is stopping it from going all the way in. The box is stopping about 10-15mm short of the block. Everything is lining up okay, but it just won't go all the way in.

Any ideas on what could be happening? Any tricks I don't know about? I just can't work out why it won't go back on. frown.gif

The engine and box are from a Beams SS-II.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif
808celica
is it close enough to have the bolt threaded in a little??

if you can thread the bolts even just a little, put them all on and thread them like you would thread your wheels. that should pull it together and dont forget to torque them down.
S8S8
Thanks for that, worked a treat! I actually tried that first time, but the bolts weren't going in too easily so I didn't want to keep going. Tried it again yesterday and the box slipped on nicely with the bolts doing the final bit of work.

Cheers smile.gif
808celica
thumbsup.gif Awesome Sauce. Now post pics of your car biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.