Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Spark '94 7A-FE Can anyone Help?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
jimboggs
Car died backing out of my driveway. Doesn't fire at all. Just turns over. Tried to pull trouble codes and discovered my check engine light bulb was burned out. Unfortunately, I had disconnected my battery looking for the no spark problem and apparently cleared the codes. Check engine light works great now except that it blinks contiuously which means no trouble codes detected. Plug wires are newish. New dist cap and rotor. Coil secondary and primary check good. Pickup coil checks good. Replaced igniter with junkyard igniter. Still no start. Anyone know a good ECU test or anything else?
celica-s
If the lights blinks continuously this means your are in limped mode. after you did the diagnostic did you return back the jumper pins?

senick
You sure it's not a fuel problem? Kind of sounds like a fuel pump issue to me. When it died in your driveway, did it slowly throttle down and then quit? If so have someone turn the key and you listen for the fuel pump turning on. If you don't hear anything, could be the pump, could be a fuse, or could be vapor locked. Just something to consider anyway.
PolliS_5S-FE
If its anything liket he problem i had recently its your ecu. have you had anything else short out on you lately ie starter or a knackered battery?? Thats what killed my ecu
Bitter
engine in time?
jimboggs
Finally found it. Using Haynes manual, I went through all of their tests on the ignition system and everything checked good. After two weekends of troubleshooting and junk yard parts searching/swapping, I found no problems. I then turned to All Data and discovered the Haynes manual, along with Autozone website, had incorrect ohm value for the coil test. Coulda had the car fixed the first hour had I just used All Data from the beginning. Replaced the coil. Car started right up. Anyone need a good Igniter or distributor minus the coil? Igniter $40, distributor with ignitor and pickups minus coil $75. Free shipping.
'94 celica 7a-fe
I believe these parts will also fit:
'94-'95 Geo Prizm
'93-'95 Corolla
'94-'95 Celica
Smaay
Glad you figured it out. Yeah those Haynes manuals suck! i always suggest using the toyota BGB's
Delta_Phoenix
So what WAS the correct resistance that you found? I just replaced my coil today after my tests didn't match the haynes manual. I think it said like 7.5k-12.5k. I only tested 4.5k. This did get my car running, but it's missing like crazy for some reason.

Sorry to dig up old threads... search is a double-edged sword biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.