Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ongoing 3sge swap help.....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
czwalga
Edited the thread to just make it an ongoing thread with my random questions.
delusionz
I dunno what they are? theres a few of those around the car, wires branching off the loom into plugs for grey boxes... and thats it the grey boxes are just blank (from what i can tell on the outside) they seem pretty solid tho
Rusty
Condenser im pretty sure

damn nice engine bay if I do say myself biggrin.gif
czwalga
QUOTE (Rusty @ Jun 23, 2011 - 4:33 AM) *
Condenser im pretty sure

damn nice engine bay if I do say myself biggrin.gif

Hahaha yeah it's not bad!

Condensor as in for the A/C. Also there's that A/C Idle up valve that the two vacuum lines connect to. My car is not going to have A/C. Do you think I even need to bother with them?
czwalga
Current list of unsolved questions.

1. Do I need the A/C Idle up valve if i'm not using AC. Will it cause any kind of vacuum issues, or should I just cap the vacuum hoses that run to it and forget about it.

2. The 3sge has no Ignition coil connector on the distributor. Not a big deal, but the Igniter has a wire that runs to it on the 5sfe. The other 4 wires on the igniter connector link up to the 3sge harness. Soo, can I just leave the wire off and run the stock igniter or will I need a 3sge igniter.

3. O2 sensors. The 3sge has one O2 sensor in the rear oof the engine. It's a 4 port connection, 2 for the O2 and two for the O2 Warmer. I believe the 5sfe has two O2 sensors in front; one with a 1 pin connector the other with a 2 pin. Just any thoughts which O2 sensor to use from the 5sfe and where to place it?
Culpable04
igniter is the same ( part numbers checked ) between USDM 5sfe and JDM 3sge non beams, so I'm guessing the extra wire may be emissions related junk ?

AC idle up valve can be removed and lines capped off, with no side effects since AC is being removed.

as for the o2 sensor I dont know, you should have run into this since you re using 3sge wiring harness, but then again, you should have the igniter issue either since you are suppose to be using 3sge harness.

czwalga
The igniter connector, 4 body connectors by the ECU, MAP, and EA1 connector were all cut.

As far as the O2, I should clarify. I have the connector, it's a 4 pin connector that goes to the o2 sensor on a 3sge.

Hmm... O2 port is on the backside of the harness. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
czwalga
Here's a pic of where the O2 connector is.

Rusty
well thats odd, mine goes round the front
czwalga
Does the 3sge and 3sgte use the same exhaust after the header? I need to buy a flange to mate the 3sge header with the exhuast i made. I guess I can just get creative and fab something... probably wont be worth my time buying something and having to fab the other side up anyway.
Rusty
nope, they are different
czwalga
Can anyone help me identify what these wires might be for? They are cut, can't match them up anywhere to the old harness...

According to the 3sge ECU pinout there should be nothing, but obviously there is....

The pink/black wire looks like it goes to a sensor that was pulled off. What the sensor is I have no idea. I attached a pic. It comes off near the Intake Air Temp Sensor.

99gt3sge
im about to do the same swap, ill check tommorow on my harness. my harness isnt cut, so it should b there. but those wires seem from your pic they might be for the reverse switch. and one more thing, did you get the 3sge map sensor? if you did whats the part number on yours? ive checked and it seems it might b the same as the my 5sfe one, but if you can do me that favor i would appreciated thanxs.
99gt3sge
I checked on my harness, and its a blue plug that looks like it might go to a vsv switch. If I knew how to post pictures I would post it that way u can see it.
czwalga
Just upload to image shack and paste the link, or add the to have it show up in the thread.

I'm using the stock 5sfe MAP.
czwalga
Where do these go....

I'm assuming the two big ones go to the intake. I'm almost positive the one does, but the smaller of the big ones i'm not sure.

The two small ones, I really have no idea doesn't look like they go to anywhere. I"ve already capped the ports that went to the AC idleup valve.

Also, when connecting the vacuum hoses to the switch on the power steering pump. Does it matter which goes where?

Rusty
Ok good news, I figured out your pink/black & red/black wires from your previous picture go to a vacuum switch on the charcoal filter smile.gif

The 2 thin hoses that come out above the TB go to the charcoal filter

The 2 bigger pipes go into the intake pipe (The smaller one is used for ACIS)

Map sensors are the same between the 5SFE and 3SGE (going off Toyodiy)
99gt3sge
koo,here is the pic 3sge pic,
koo so my 5sfe map will work on mine, i wanted to ask have you done the wiring already?
czwalga
QUOTE (99gt3sge @ Jul 15, 2011 - 2:30 AM) *
koo,here is the pic 3sge pic,
koo so my 5sfe map will work on mine, i wanted to ask have you done the wiring already?

Yep you can check my build thread in the projects section. My wiring was probably much more complicated than yours will be, since my harness was cut.

Rusty, Thanks a lot! Makes things easy for me since I no longer have the charcoal canister.
czwalga

Still need this question answered. It's the same for the 5sfe and 3sge...

When connecting the vacuum hoses to the switch on the power steering pump. Does it matter which goes where?
99gt3sge
in my past experience the two hoses that go to the power pump switch it doesnt matter. but ill check my motor because it has the pump bolted to the motor and the hoses are still intact
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.