Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wind noise
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Jeremy1210
My passenger side has started making wind noise in the last couple ofweeks. I have no idea what is causeing it, but it is really annoying. Any ideas on what it is? How to find what it is? and how to fix it?? Im open to any suggestions

thanks
snadman
This is likely to occur if you live where the temperatures get kind of cold. You live in Ohio, and I know it's been pretty chilly there lately because I have relatives there. The seals in the doors, sunroofs, trunks, etc. that create a good clean seal get not so flexible in the cold and are much more likely not to conform to one another as well as they should. This, in turn, causes air to pass through the tiny cracks between the non-conform seals.
snadman
Sorry, suggestion to help it. Don't open your sunroof in the winter if you have one...and I guess no not really. Park in a garage, it will keep your car in a somewhat constant temperature that is somewhat warmer and will ehlp keep the seals softer.
NEVERSTOP
Try closing the passanger door biggrin.gif I know that sounds wierd but you would be surprised how often that works
orvillescelica
i have a vert, so the seals around everywhere are always changing and i always get wind noise. Some things that help are opening and closing the windows after you have opened the doors. Especailly in the cold weather, do this once your car has had time to heat up. If all else fails and the wind noise is still there, turn up your stereo.
UT_Celica_GT
>>turn up your stereo

lol I have done that alot, in my old car. cuz it had tons of issues and all kinds of sounds. And I didn't care about the car enough to do anything so I'd just turn up the radio.. lmao
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.