Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Supra Rear Conversion
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Spectorious
QUOTE (mgnt232 @ Aug 6, 2011 - 11:13 AM) *
Thanks everyone smile.gif
I prob wont get to finish it anytime soon, as ive been neglecting other things to get it done which is catching up lol. But itll get done. And If i find buyers for my old front, lights, and hood I may do the front conversion. But im a little more hesitant, as I still need to get the 3s in first
I know alot of people think just one supra conversion is too much, but im already 2/3 there. Why not go all out? smile.gif granted this will be the hardest, most time consuming, most expensive part.
Anyone think I should?

DO IT..like you said your 2/3 the way there. some people will say they love it some will say they hate it...but atleast you have the balls to do it
Bitter
Wow....the tiniest bump from anything and that's going to crack and fall apart.
beams78
i say go for it you obviously know what your doing and what your getting into the back conversion you made it seem like no prob so i know you'll do great in the front too
smoog83
Really impresive work there mate .trd rear spoiler is a must for supra end wink.gif
mgnt232
lol its not going to crack. This is just how my SS are done and how death did his, and they are both fine. people really over estimate bodywork cracking. and even if it did, all the hard stuff is done not like its going to fall off lol, just smooth it out again
But I may have found a buyer for my old front, just need to sell the lights now. Also got to buy the GT transmission/mounts/cables soon too though in prep of the swap
mkernz22
I'll get on the shipping cost after I get back from vacation haha
mgnt232
lol no rush tongue.gif just bought a bunch of stuff but ill prob have extra money in like a week
SoundSlut_dotcom
if u do a front conv. it will be ALOT harder then the rear... alot.
mgnt232
lol oh i know it would be a 1000 x's harder. I dont plan on doing anything till after I get the swap all done anyhow which will be like a year. But i do plan on doing it, i like a challenge
3WayStunna
Wow that looks amazing!! Good job man....honestly makes the celica look more aggressive...anyway you could post up some pics from the front?
mgnt232
lol thanks man, deff going for more aggressive though so good to know others see it
the front is just bare lol no bumper, hood, or lights haha
dimon
very, very cool. well done.
matts94celica
Great job so far! I personally like the idea of the supra rear conver. I have Countless number of people ask me if my car is a supra. Plus its your car, and if you like the result of what your doing then that's all that matters. Mad props on the work though, can't wait to see it done bro!
beams78
when will you be painting your car wanna see how it looks whit the pain job
BonzaiCelica
wheres your exhaust going to exit from the left side???
Cuts_the_Pilot
Kudos for doing something different, but im not a fan of the rear and your talking of doing the front too? Just buy a fncken supra.

BonzaiCelica
i think if you were to put the oem rear supra bumper it would look cleaner more oem. I'd just leave the front as is.
beams78
QUOTE (Cuts_the_Pilot @ Aug 22, 2011 - 11:31 PM) *
Kudos for doing something different, but im not a fan of the rear and your talking of doing the front too? Just buy a fncken supra.

supra aint cheap so why not just make an imitation
richee3
QUOTE (beams78 @ Aug 23, 2011 - 1:51 AM) *

Skylines aren't cheap either, so why not put a Skyline body kit on my Civic? Or a Ferrari body kit on my Pontiac Fiero? The point is to not imitate other cars. I'm not putting the work down though. I wouldn't do it to my own Celica, but mgnt has more balls and more fabricating skills than I do and I respect that.
mgnt232
woah havent checked this in a while, or really gotten any work done. there is about an hours worth of work to finish it all up, just havent had the motivation/time.
I would like the exhaust to go out the left side, just to be a little different. Im looking for a "sideways" exit, kind of pointed up as well.
The 3sgte will be here by end of sept. which is when ill do alot more work.
As far as painting, I wont do that till the front is finished. But painting really isnt hard, only takes a day.

Also thought about the oem supra rear (as they are cheaper) but how it needs to be molded on there, it would have looks very similar because the gap is gigantic that needs to be filled. I would have needed to do something with the sides anyhow

And as for getting a supra, its not the point (+ there like 30 grand). even if i had a supra I would change it. I know it sounds kinda stupid, but i would want it to stand out. Id rather challenge myself and make it my own. Like i have the red celi that looks perfect in most peoples eyes, but its not all that impressive to me. Someone just bought some splitters and put 2 screws in it lol
NYp8tBaller07
looks like you and me both have some plans for the end of September =D, also I would cover the car up this coming weekend/week.

Speaking of supras have you seen the one in toga thats RHD and 30k =p
SupraKid
It is now November.
Lil-Joe101
Great Build man!!!!! I love it when people try different things to their 6gc like this. Look forward to seeing the finished project. -suscribed-
SupraKid
It is now February.
st202import
QUOTE (richee3 @ Aug 26, 2011 - 12:51 PM) *
QUOTE (beams78 @ Aug 23, 2011 - 1:51 AM) *

Skylines aren't cheap either, so why not put a Skyline body kit on my Civic? Or a Ferrari body kit on my Pontiac Fiero? The point is to not imitate other cars. I'm not putting the work down though. I wouldn't do it to my own Celica, but mgnt has more balls and more fabricating skills than I do and I respect that.

skylines arnt so bad and supras arnt to much to buy in england i own a r33 skyline a 1968 fastback mustang , my celica n used to own a civic coupe vti
mgnt232
Hey 6gc! yeah so I am finished with the rear build, never got a chance to paint it. But its all done, finished it this week while I was back. I joined the Marines so I've been gone for 3 months, thats why there is no progress lol. But I bought a a supra front and lights (didn't buy the hood yet, still not sure about that, and how its gonna work). But next time I get leave will be in the summerish so I will work nonstop on it when I'm home, and get you all some updates.
Hopefully ill have the 3s in by then smile.gif ... since i bought it over a year ago lol.
But until then, its good bye to 6gc for now frown.gif for another month while I'm in MCT. Plan to be much more active here after as ill be at my mos school for a year
Lil-Joe101
Ooh Rah mgnt, congrats on ur enlistment. Have fun at MCT ur gonna learn alot. Look forward to seeing more of ur build when u hit ur first duty station. Request Camp Foster Okinawa Japan, u wont regret it I PROMISE!!!!!!
RabidTRD
Any pics of the rear finished, but not painted?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.