Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: opie's progress thread
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
opie_7afe
well was a good day to go out to the pier and take some pics of my 6gc, so i decided to make a progression thread as now real progress will begin as i just got a nice job making decent money!. i bought this car about 5-6 months ago for 1800$ same day that i sold my 1996 buick roadmaster(had 100k miles on it and was in great condition) for 2500$. i looked at this celica on craigslist few months before i sold the buick and then wasnt reposted but i called the number and found out the lady still had it. i go to check it out and was in decent condition on the exterior with some issues needing to be fixed, however the interior was pretty damn good looking minus needing a good cleaning. The downside however was that third gear popped out but i didnt care i wanted this car because i knew i could find a transmission, and the front end needed to be repainted, but the engine ran great and only had 106,000 miles and i was shocked for a 94. so i paid the lady the cash and drove the 6gc home. now i started to do little cheap things like paint plastics, make some shift boot/ebrake boots and recover some interior peices. over the course of a couple months. sadly now some of my door panel covering is comming off so i need to reglue it guess i didnt add enough but ill do that soon. So heres how She sits today with 111,000 miles on her and only had the starter contacts poop out and new break pads. hope you enjoy my progression.

opie_7afe
just installed my apexi SAFC2 just now i need to find someone who can give me some of the settings for this thing...
NYp8tBaller07
very clean bay =D
opie_7afe
ty wasnt that clean when i bouight it..lets just say it was algae green...
beams78
nice celica very beautiful jealous lol
missbakken
I'm in the same boat as you. I can't afford the big things yet, so its a little thing here, a little thing there.
Your bay is ridiculously clean. Awesome.
opie_7afe
dont take much to have it clean....just wrap the electronic stuff in plastic and tape it off and try to keep water away from it but spray some purple power use a baby bottle brush and start scrubbing and rinse then dry...then i put some dash dressing on certain plastic parts/rubber parts....
Tigawoods
PM pressure2 and he might remember the tune for the SAFC. I talked to him when i got mine but i remapped mine a while ago so i dont have the previous setting in my head frown.gif
opie_7afe
so if you have a safc on a 7afe let me know what your idle knock value is and your say crusing value at 45mph in 4th gear is...just trying to make sure my knock is set correct..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.