Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colt Cams - Advise?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
6G96GT
Hey Guys, it's been a rather long time since I've posted up here (prolly over a year), lots of life-changes and all but still have my celica. Recent full engine rebuild with ported/polished head and matching header with hi-flow exhaust set up.

I definitely lost some low end power but gained high end for sure. I don't really care about the loss though in low end. Anyway to get my question out:

I sent a set of stock cams to Geoff up at Colt Cams and am looking to get a mild performance gain. I want something that I don't need any other supporting mods for (no FM or EM or tuning required). What's a good set up?? Anyone else already do this with Colt Cams? PS - Please don't say I should of went to webcam cause Colt Cams already has mine.

Thanks Guys!
presure2
talk to geoff about what you want to acomplish with your power band, and he will cut the cams to suit what you want.
6G96GT
I did that today, thanks! He said the cam work he'd go for would put out between 10-15 hp. I already built up my top end with a PP and full exhaust (front to back). Do you think an SAFC would do me any good and maybe a tune at the dyno?? Maybe it'd squeeze out a couple more horses?
amdcyrus
QUOTE (6G96GT @ Jul 27, 2011 - 9:03 PM) *
I did that today, thanks! He said the cam work he'd go for would put out between 10-15 hp. I already built up my top end with a PP and full exhaust (front to back). Do you think an SAFC would do me any good and maybe a tune at the dyno?? Maybe it'd squeeze out a couple more horses?

How much is the cam work going to run you?
6G96GT
It's $435 total which includes shipping back to me. I had to spend $40 though shipping them to him so the grand total is $470 - He does offer better performance cams than what I am getting but I don't want to do the added mods.
freddy121389
whered you get the p&p done at because I want to do the same to mine soon and saw you were in the east coast area, that is if you recommend whoever you got it done from again
6G96GT
Yeah man, I am actually in NH so that's a good 6 hours from PA's NJ border but I got the work done at, J is L in Nashua, NH. The guy's name is Joey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.