Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speed sensor problem.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Malhar95
some might know im looking for a speed sensor for a 5s automatic,

untill i find one, i guess ill try to fix it.

heres the problem:
like many 'clips' under the hood, the speed sensor is no different. u push in the wire until u here the 'click'. the problem is that the plastic peace from the sensor broke during the swap and/or removal. so there is no click when i push it in.

heres another one of my crappy paint descriptions.

is there any other way for me to make that wire stay connected to the sensor? or will i need to buy a completely new sensor.

everytime i connect it, it works fine untill a bump or when i hit high(er) RPMs then it comes loose and i have to squeeze my hand under there and try to make a better conection.

and some real pictures but its REALLY hard to see what im talking about.

in this picture the blue circle is the part broken, really hard to see.

and in this picture, THIS blue is the clip that grips on to the sensor, the part where this blue connects to is broken.

acidice333
Some clay/putty in the connectors might hold it good enough until you get a new one...

Could try some glue, but that won't be fun when you try to seperate them.

Other than those two ideas I cant think of anything else.
Malhar95
QUOTE (acidice333 @ Aug 12, 2011 - 12:44 AM) *
Some clay/putty in the connectors might hold it good enough until you get a new one...

Could try some glue, but that won't be fun when you try to seperate them.

Other than those two ideas I cant think of anything else.

I thought abt glue but wouldn't it come loose from the heat?

And wouldn't putty weaken the connection,
stephen_lee
put some silicone gasket maker around the outside edge of the sensor, and squish it on. it should hold well, but be easily removed
Malhar95
QUOTE (stephen_lee @ Aug 12, 2011 - 9:42 AM) *
put some silicone gasket maker around the outside edge of the sensor, and squish it on. it should hold well, but be easily removed

that shouldnt ruin the connection or sensor in any way rite?

and u meant apply it on the wire or the sensor itself?
stephen_lee
the OUTSIDE of the connector. like your sealing the connector from water. connector off. add silicone around the base of the connector on the sensor, plug in connector. silicone should not be in the wire area at all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.