So... I was on my 4th stage of my rally this weekend. Extremly long 22 mile stage.

Torwards the last 1/3 of the stage the engine started sputtering, just hestitate almost like it wasn't getting fuel then kick in a few seconds later.

I thought it was the clutch. Why I thought this was because at one point the pedal was stuck to the floor on the last 1/3, I had to pull the pedal off the floor. I finished the rest of the stage in 3rd gear. I came to time and I couldnt even put it into first gear for a few min.

15 min later the clutch seemed to come back and acted like normal. Went to the next stage and ran most of the stage in 3rd gear; only 'slipped' a few times.

During service I took the starter off poured a bottle of coke on the clutch (it carmelizes and makes a bad clutch stick). I did this went out and beat the crap out of it for about 7 miles up a mountain and didn't cut out once. (Today it was cutting out just costing down the mountain).

Now a slipping clutch would make the RPMS skyrocket without accelerating (duh). Obviously this isn't happening, but all the other symptoms tell me clutch. The only other thing I can think of is that there's two issues unrelated issues. But the only time it hasnt cut out was immediately after pouring the coke on the clutch.