Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MSD questions and tips
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
199celica
hey guys im planning on doing a 5sgte but i dont want to start off with the stock ignition system i love to save money on gas ive done msd on older cars but im not to sure where to start here in my 6gc so if you guys could help me out please im always open to help. if you guys already have any premade kits or used kits just hit me up and ill think about buying so let me know thanks guys
199celica
QUOTE (199celica @ Aug 19, 2011 - 9:13 PM) *
hey guys im planning on doing a 5sgte but i dont want to start off with the stock ignition system i love to save money on gas ive done msd on older cars but im not to sure where to start here in my 6gc so if you guys could help me out please im always open to help. if you guys already have any premade kits or used kits just hit me up and ill think about buying so let me know thanks guys

Bump. Please help me guys i wanna do this asap
stephen_lee
Don't. The OEM ignition system is good for atleast 400 HP. No reason to upgrade, you wont gain much power/mpg and its not really worth it.
Smaay
^^^^ X2 toyota stock ignition systems are awesome. my Supra is making 700HP on stock ignition system. my 7th gen celica is making 550 on stock ignition.
199celica
Alright kewl thanks for the help guys i appreciate it
Cuts_the_Pilot
As they say the stock ignition system is good.

If anything just replace the leads, coil and dizzy and rotor buttom.

I wonder if the HKS DLI fits on the 5s loom too??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.