Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't get dissy off?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
replica250
Hi every one,Got uk spec st202 celica gt with 3sge rev3 engine and got a stupid question but I can't remove my dissy!
I have a replacement dissy with new cap and rota etc and I undid the two bolts and removed themand unplugged my ht leads etc and have found before that it was stiff and didn't want to move so I could adjust the timing but I couldn't get the thing off the engine! I pulled and pulled but it didn't want go budge, I thought that it should just pull away from engine?
mkernz22
just give it a tap with a rubber mallet
stephen_lee
yeah, the only thing that holds it in is those two bolts.
czwalga
grab it with two hands and wiggle it up and down.

I'd recommend removing the valve cover though. Putting it back in is kinda tricky without doing it. The slots don't like the match up.

Edit: Scratch that... didn't see you have a 3sge, removing the valve covers is a pain in the ass with the intake mainfold.
Delta_Phoenix
I'm doing some dizzy work on my 7AFE. I guess a previous owner had trouble with it leaking and decided to solve the problem by using black RTV, instead of just replacing the o-ring on the dizzy shaft. That made it a little difficult to get off. Nothing a few taps with a hammer didn't fix. Could be a possibility?
jlspec
Shake up and down as you pull.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.