Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just bought my first Celica today!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Multimedia
Ehrgeiz
Hey guys,

I bought my first Celica today. It's a black '94 STI with the 7A-FE engine.
I didn't pay alot of money for it, so there's some things to fix (there's a tiny little bit of rust), but all in all I'm pretty happy!

My future plans are to remove the front lip and either go '96+ with splitters or I'll look around for a TRD bumper (freakin' love it). Also, some wide 18" wheels and coilovers.

Hope you guys like it!

PS: I wanna thank my little brother for taking his day off to help me with the purchase of this car, and for polishing it all afternoon, lol! Thanks bro!
NYp8tBaller07
keep the lip, it looks fantastic and as stated before they are rare
SwissFerdi
Welkom, veel plezier en geluk toegewenst.
Ehrgeiz
QUOTE (NYp8tBaller07 @ Sep 9, 2011 - 3:11 PM) *

Hmm, I don't know about the US but in Europe they're pretty common.

I don't think it looks bad, but I fell in love with the TRD bumper. Anyone knows where to get one (or a replica)?

@SwissFerdi - bedankt! smile.gif
whatthe
looks very good for a 1994, that or a good camera.
NYp8tBaller07
QUOTE (Ehrgeiz @ Sep 9, 2011 - 5:28 PM) *
QUOTE (NYp8tBaller07 @ Sep 9, 2011 - 3:11 PM) *

Hmm, I don't know about the US but in Europe they're pretty common.

I don't think it looks bad, but I fell in love with the TRD bumper. Anyone knows where to get one (or a replica)?

@SwissFerdi - bedankt! smile.gif

IDK I feel the smoothness and simplicity of it looks better but thats my own opinion, get what ever you want =)
Ehrgeiz
QUOTE (whatthe @ Sep 9, 2011 - 9:30 PM) *
looks very good for a 1994, that or a good camera.

Heh, they're shot with an iPhone 4 so it's not the camera I guess. wink.gif It's freshly waxed and looks really good from a distance, but when you get close you can find some marks (and rust). All in all, I got what I paid for and I can't complain. Now I just gotta make her pretty with some wide 18" wheels and slam her to the ground! Here's some pictures of my old car btw; a 1992 Toyota MR2 N/A (2.0 3S-GE):

It was clean, only thing missing were coilovers. But I loved the SSR Professors and really want something like those on my Celi. smile.gif
NYp8tBaller07
I would go with a 17", 18" are pretty rough on our cars from what it seems especially if your going to drop it. Wow I must seem like an ass, I don't mean to be if it seems that way.
Ehrgeiz
You definitely don't sound like an ass lol, I appreciate any advice you can give me!

Do you know why exactly it's not smart to go for 18's? Looks-wise, our cars can definitely take it!
NYp8tBaller07
QUOTE (Ehrgeiz @ Sep 10, 2011 - 1:22 PM) *
You definitely don't sound like an ass lol, I appreciate any advice you can give me!

Do you why exactly it's not smart to go for 18's? Looks-wise, our cars can definitely take it!

Most people go for function before looks which contributes to peoples choice on 17's or 16 inch wheels but I think with 18's (also depending on size of tire and drop) there are clearance issues

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong rolleyes.gif
jordisonjr
18's on a celica don't have clearance issues, depending on offset and tire size.
Mine rub the tiniest bit on the rear fenders on huge dips, but that can be solved easily.
block
I want that lip. Someone needs to replicate that lip! Overall, I love that lip kit European Celicas got!
diegohiga
If you remove that lip send it to me lol.or better if they are that common try to get one and ill buy it from you. biggrin.gif
Ehrgeiz
Haha.. It's more of a chin than a lip, lol!
SwissFerdi
I will gladly, gladly take that rear lip off your hands, if you ever get rid of it. Dankuwel en alsjeblieft. wink.gif
chacha
ill take that front lip too.
Ehrgeiz
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Sep 11, 2011 - 10:35 PM) *
I will gladly, gladly take that rear lip off your hands, if you ever get rid of it. Dankuwel en alsjeblieft. wink.gif

The rear and sides are staying on, for now anyway. wink.gif The front lip is definitely going off some time in the future, but for now it's fine. Thanks for all the comments guys!
Ehrgeiz
Fresh pictures! Nothing changed, but thought I'd share them with you guys. smile.gif

Ehrgeiz
I sold my front and rear lip (sorry guys!). Now I'm looking for a Postert front (really rare frown.gif) and TRD rear splitters (or SS-III). Will also get my JDM tails this week.

I heard a guy on this forum makes custom white/clear pre-facelift corners. Wolf-something? Need those too!
spy00005
http://www.6gc.net/members/4833
Ted95
things pretty sweet, nice find!
Ehrgeiz
Thanks guys!
Ehrgeiz
My first official mod. wink.gif

Next up: BC Racing coilovers and TRD/SS-III rear spats!

The hunt for the Postert front lip also continues........
GordGT4
Looks awesome, look great in black.
Celicaswift
Very nice car. And the taillights make the car a lot better.

Ga zo door. wink.gif
RoyO
Leuke auto! Door je nieuwe achterlichten ziet de auto er een stuk beter uit!

Keep up the good work wink.gif
Ehrgeiz
Dank u heren! biggrin.gif
mechedjun
What kind of lip was on the car when you bought it?
Ehrgeiz
It's OEM Toyota, I think they only sold it in Europe.
wolfie308
I heard a guy on this forum makes custom white/clear pre-facelift corners. Wolf-something? Need those too!

Hi Ehrgeiz,

Just seen this thread and thought you might like this shot on black with my clear front turns. I make them to order lead time 2-3 days. They make a nice compliment to the JDM rears(even better if you remove the amber piece inside) wink.gif

Ehrgeiz
Those do look great. Will definitely get them in the future, but need some coilovers first.

I did add some TRD rear spats today, so I'll post some pictures soon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.