Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New guy...Well, actually Old guy
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
fatherof4
Hello all, Well after lurking a few days I thought I'd say hi. Our project is a ST hatchback with a blown motor. I have been looking for a project for the kids and I to work on. The car other than the engine is in pretty good shape. The engine runs great until you give it gas, then you can hear it start to knock. I plan to keep the motor stock for now. (Teen drivers) We will start looking for a transplant in the next few weeks. I put a few pics in my profile. I have to say this site is a wealth of info. We are working on a wish list and will check for sale and stickys. Any clubs around Western NC? Atlanta? Looking for a body kit and parts..Thanks..Fo4
Keiri
Welcome and hello!

There are a few members spread throughout NC; 1 in Wilmington, a few in Raleigh, at least 1 in Fayetteville, and a couple of us in Charlotte. I don't know of anyone in the GSM but just over the border are a few members in Tennessee.

Good luck with the build and keep us updated.

Brian
Greyform
I wish my dad was into celicas frown.gif

oh and welcome, finally some ST love lol. keep us updated with pics and info man!
Smaay
search for my thread on rebuilding the 7A-FE. i have over 200 pictures step by step on rebuilding the engine. its possible that the timing is just off causing the pinging. but for a good project, pull the engine and tear it apart and rebuild it. its not too difficult. I also highly suggest getting OEM parts. dont short change it by getting an ebay kit.
stephen_lee
QUOTE (Smaay @ Oct 4, 2011 - 2:11 PM) *
search for my thread on rebuilding the 7A-FE. i have over 200 pictures step by step on rebuilding the engine. its possible that the timing is just off causing the pinging. but for a good project, pull the engine and tear it apart and rebuild it. its not too difficult. I also highly suggest getting OEM parts. dont short change it by getting an ebay kit.

Listen to this guy, he knows his siht.
CelicaSTX02
welcome to the board new old guy! I am located in Raleigh, NC myself. Lots of excellent information on this forum, you've come to the right place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.