Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best injector cleaner??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Bigblock
I'm wondering what is the best injector cleaner?

There are a few to choose from. So what do you folks use?
I'm stuck between Lucas & Chevron.

I have high idle, & a lil pinging between 30-45 mph. The gas here contains a minimum 10% ethanol.
Also, is it ok to use Heet Water Remover with injector cleaner?

Wondering if I have dirty injectors // water in my gas.

mak5603
I use the chevron one when I use it.
mandrek
the BEST hands down... since you asked... smile.gif
4-eyed-freek
Injector cleaner doesn't do anything.. Sorry, you have to have more than that little bottle go through them to actually clean them. Some shops will run a high concentration cleaner through them that helps. That's what we did at school.
Neon90424
hows about runnin straight AV Gas? l
RabidTRD
Seafoam works best in my experience. We put it in one of my co-workers, girlfriends car, and it ran so smooth after the treatment, that she attempted to start it a second time after it had already been running. It's great for stabilizing and getting rid of moisture in the fuel too.
Bigblock
I never thought of Seafoam!
Tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment @ my friends shop
to hook up the injector cleaner machine.
When I get it running right I may use Seafoam.
Good tips here!!!
Bitter
Witch hunter is the correct answer, but second best is to run it on a machine like a motorvac that we use at the shop. Run a concentrated solution through the fuel system after the pump and filter, this stuff also gets the cat good and hot to burn off deposits, honestly you can watch the cat light off faster AFTER the treatment, almost like a new cat again. Works great on sticky injectors, we had an old 2.8 GM V6 that sat for about 5 years with bad gas, 4 injectors stuck. about 45 minutes with the machine, had it purring on all 6 cylinders again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.