Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AE86 'sss
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
njccmd2002
Ive always admired this car, but why are hatches more desirible than coupes.
easternpiro1
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Nov 9, 2011 - 11:39 PM) *
Ive always admired this car, but why are hatches more desirible than coupes.

because most people in japan drift the coupe from what i understand. personally i like the coupe a bit more... which if funny because i like the celica hatch more than the coupe
HectortheRican
I like both equally. But I would probably get the coupe if I were to buy one. My dad's eight six coupe has been in his hands my whole life and I've grown to love that car.

But to answer the desire for hatches more than coupes, two words:

Initial D
Valo666
^^ that and the coupe didn't recieve the same amount of attention from TRD back in the day. Plus also the hatch has more cargo space and was also sold back in the time when hatchbacks were the coolest thing. Therefore more hatchs were sold, more avaible. Theres alot of people who don't even know that the coupes were made.
njccmd2002
but wont the TRD parts interchange...

i have found a hatch near me sr5 for 1500 and a gts for 6000, personally i would not paid more than 3500 for the gts, althoug its mint, it has no upgrades..

huh, interesting...

so most you guys will hit a coupe...
Goonter

Personally the hatchback looks more sporty to me. Maybe more poeple feel that way?
mak5603
Just make sure you get a gts..
yagamius
I go for Coupe IMO looks nice and I rather coupes for 80's cars biggrin.gif

and yes stay away from SR5....GTS is the way to go.
KAOS
I just saw the sexiest Trueno Hatch on the way to work this morning... **** yeah, I'd hit that.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (yagamius @ Nov 10, 2011 - 9:05 AM) *
and yes stay away from SR5....GTS is the way to go.

You don't wanna end up like Itsuki in Intial D, do you? laugh.gif
Keiri
The coupes remind me of the older Tercels and as such I'm much more partial to the hatches.

Culpable04
Trueno + elbow grease + 2jz + some pocket change =

Monster Trueno
MaskedMan
I'm not quite sure what it is, but something tells me that we have similar tastes in cars lol.

I like both the coupes and the hatches, but what really keeps me from getting into them is how often they are stolen around here. And just to be clear, I do not own an AE86. It is a loaner from a friend, which I am doing some work on. The GTS is a better deal. You can do an SR5 to GTS conversion (GTSR5), but the parts cost and time involved outweigh the initial savings.
808celica
what the hell Derrick!?!?! 3 6's an RA29 and an 86........
Valo666
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Nov 10, 2011 - 12:56 AM) *

i have found a hatch near me sr5 for 1500 and a gts for 6000, personally i would not paid more than 3500 for the gts, althoug its mint, it has no upgrades..

huh, interesting...

I meant more so TRD exterior parts. TRD spoilers, etc. As for SR5 VS GTS, go GTS. It pretty much needs a GTS donor car to make a SR5 into one. But the coupes pretty sick.

My buddy has a F20C powered AE Coupe that he drifts..

and HIS buddy is a semi-pro drifter who runs a coupe too (Pat Cyr)

who runs a turboed F20C under the hood
RabidTRD
The body of the hatch flows better IMO.

The true question is Levin or Trueno? Personally, I think pop-up headlights are the ****. The Levin kinda reminds me of a fat kid...
kurt95gt
QUOTE (Valo666 @ Nov 13, 2011 - 11:42 PM) *
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Nov 10, 2011 - 12:56 AM) *

huh, interesting...

I meant more so TRD exterior parts. TRD spoilers, etc. As for SR5 VS GTS, go GTS. It pretty much needs a GTS donor car to make a SR5 into one. But the coupes pretty sick.

My buddy has a F20C powered AE Coupe that he drifts..

and HIS buddy is a semi-pro drifter who runs a coupe too (Pat Cyr)

who runs a turboed F20C under the hood

why did they both decide to run honda motors
RabidTRD
Because the AE86 is lacking in power. It's easier to get a F20C than a silver top 4AGE, and I think it's also cheaper.

They're in it to win, not to "keep with it being a toyota." The chassis of the 86 is perfect for drift. They just didn't put a good enough motor in it.
kurt95gt
QUOTE (RabidTRD @ Nov 14, 2011 - 2:47 PM) *
Because the AE86 is lacking in power. It's easier to get a F20C than a silver top 4AGE, and I think it's also cheaper.

They're in it to win, not to "keep with it being a toyota." The chassis of the 86 is perfect for drift. They just didn't put a good enough motor in it.

makes sence just never seen that done so I was just curious
Valo666
The red AE used to run a 4AGZE and a boosted 4AGE before, but he wanted more power. The F20C makes more power to the wheels than both his pervious motors. Plus its a pretty snug fit for the motor. And he got the entire drivetrain for like $600 with wiring from a friend of his. If you wanted to swap in a blacktop or silvertop 4AGE into an AE, you either gotta knock a section of the firewall back, or cut and notch the firewall. As for Pat, he did it because he needs around 300whp to keep up with guys in the D1GP, so hes running a turbo on his engine.

Also, if you wanna see something pretty damn cool...my buddy Ken runs a 2JZ powered AE hatchback...
http://intunedonline.com/ken-shaw%E2%80%99...-of-hachi-roku/
njccmd2002
well no AE86 for me, as i went another way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.