Hello ,

I still working hard on the celi .

Some picture from the last years ;

Claude
frotou
More recent pictures

Claude
frotou
Pictures from this year , the last ones I have .

I had to change the wastegate for a smaller one , I did also all the coolant line with aluminum hard line with wiggins clamp and installed the polished panel over the radiator. All the coolant lines and bypass are custom and without thermostat. (controlled by the electric water pump )

Notice ; I had also to made a shield for the clutch slave just behind the turbo and I use the water port on the tial wastegate .

Claude
frotou
Some exterior shots from this summer ;

I just cut the bumper the get the intercooler fit , same thing for the oil cooler . I will have to do some finition later ...

I also add jdm projectors finally ..............................

Unfortunately the celi is stored for the winter but I will post what I'm doing this winter.

Hope you enjoy ,

Claude
kurt95gt
I think im in love with your car
amazing build
BonzaiCelica
oh my!! words cannot explain this. Very unique build indeed and very detailed biggrin.gif
Red123
Nice.
What color is that?
Grega
what the ****! This is amazing! Do you have any videos maybe?? And some numbers on that engine tongue.gif I'm really sepachless bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
frotou
QUOTE (Red123 @ Dec 21, 2011 - 9:34 AM) *
Nice.
What color is that?

The color was from BASF extreme colors (purple haze) , I think they are no more availaible

QUOTE (Grega @ Dec 21, 2011 - 12:31 PM) *
what the ****! This is amazing! Do you have any videos maybe?? And some numbers on that engine tongue.gif I'm really sepachless bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

I don't have number with the new setup ; will do in 2012 .
RabidTRD
Wow.

That's kinda scary.

I like it biggrin.gif but still scary
cheela
wow... just wow. smile.gif looks good...... but then good isn't a good enough word.

looks SUPER FRICKIN' AWESOME!!! yeah that's more like it. biggrin.gif
TRD11
wow love the engine ...... nice work ... looks nce
rave2n
Its so pretty I don't believe it. PHOTOSHOPPED!
frotou
QUOTE (rave2n @ Dec 21, 2011 - 6:39 PM) *
Its so pretty I don't believe it. PHOTOSHOPPED!

Nahh ..... I can't photoshop ... just hard work and too much money here ! But I take it as positive comment tongue.gif

I received also at the end of summer my race head , maybe more street one as we near don't touch the intake side for the moment , and the camshaft duration / lift not too high for daily use . I got the exhaust ported the spring valves changed, done the conversion for underbucket lifter, stainless steel os valves with 3 angle job and the head chambers and valves faces received also a gold ceramic coating biggrin.gif

Claude
3WayStunna
WOW....was not expecting to see so much win when i clicked on the link....I give props to you good sir....noticed you said it took some years to bring it to that point but wow looks like it is totally worth it!!!!

Cuts_the_Pilot
This is different. Not bad at all.

What rods are they?
frotou
QUOTE (Cuts_the_Pilot @ Dec 29, 2011 - 8:24 AM) *
This is different. Not bad at all.

What rods are they?

The rods are pauter , I think this is the last thing that will/can broke in my engine. So large that the bottom of the cylinders have to be grinded for clearance !
johnyboy1976
ery very nice car and awesome engine bay
Keep up the good work
3WayStunna
Hey man how did you come across that little black box that is sitting in the middle of the 7th pic...err your pics with all of your curious electronics?
frotou
QUOTE (3WayStunna @ Jan 11, 2012 - 5:09 AM) *
Hey man how did you come across that little black box that is sitting in the middle of the 7th pic...err your pics with all of your curious electronics?

If you want to know where I buy it ; it's for sale , I will use another way to fuse my electronic but it work perfectly .
Cuts_the_Pilot
Interested to see what numbers this little fella puts out. The wiring job on that ally panel is top notch.
KAOS
Nice thumbsup.gif - can't wait to see updates!
rave2n
QUOTE (Cuts_the_Pilot @ Jan 12, 2012 - 3:01 AM) *
Interested to see what numbers this little fella puts out. The wiring job on that ally panel is top notch.

Hell yea it is, beautiful build. Eagerly waiting for numbres.
frotou
Too much time since update ...

Got longer stud for spacer .

Not perfect but better .

Finally doing the wiring/plate for the coil on plug ... still need to fab the catch tank supports/ lines

Still soo much to do ....

Red123
wow
I love the new look of that stance.
What spacers are them and how much mm?
frotou
Spacers come from ; novustech.ca . They are very good quality !!!!!

I have now 20mm front and 10mm rear but I will add 10mm all around with more camber .

celica74
Did you make the intake?
frotou
QUOTE (celica74 @ Nov 16, 2012 - 8:36 PM) *
Did you make the intake?

Buy it on ebay few years ago , then I add wiggins clamp to help flex and for easy removal .

sr666
This is an awesome awesome piece of kit very very nice indeed biggrin.gif

Any piccies from the back? smile.gif

Ryan
frotou
QUOTE (sr666 @ Nov 17, 2012 - 1:34 AM) *
This is an awesome awesome piece of kit very very nice indeed biggrin.gif

Any piccies from the back? smile.gif

Ryan

The intake itself is a piece of art ; very well made and complex to build . I was very lucky to find it .

Ryan you mean pictures from the back of the intake ?
sr666
Sorry no I meant the back of the car :-)

Sorry didn't explain too well :-(
frotou
Rear pics

Syaoran
Ever tried going wingless?
frotou
QUOTE (Syaoran @ Nov 17, 2012 - 11:26 PM) *
Ever tried going wingless?

Hey , never think about it .... I will need to try smile.gif
frotou
Ordered my custom big brake kit , last parts was the calipers , which I received last week .

Calipers are 6 pistons , rotors are 14 inch, can't wait to do the test fit ! biggrin.gif
SwissFerdi
:0

Holy ****snacks.
Syaoran
Sexy.
Manos
Spectacular build, subscribed!

A few questions:
The 7A-GTE engine, I take it, is a 7A-FE (standard 1.8lt ST engine) with a 4AGE head (initnally a 20V blacktop, then a 16V) and a turbocharger. Right?

14in brake rotors are… 355.6mm! My oh my… what diameter are your wheel rims?

Regarding the longer studs and spacers for the wheels, what size are your tires? I'd like to get a feeling of how far out they go with the spacers.

Thanks,
M.
frotou
QUOTE (Manos @ Nov 21, 2012 - 3:33 PM) *
Spectacular build, subscribed!

A few questions:
The 7A-GTE engine, I take it, is a 7A-FE (standard 1.8lt ST engine) with a 4AGE head (initnally a 20V blacktop, then a 16V) and a turbocharger. Right?

14in brake rotors are… 355.6mm! My oh my… what diameter are your wheel rims?

Regarding the longer studs and spacers for the wheels, what size are your tires? I'd like to get a feeling of how far out they go with the spacers.

Thanks,
M.

7A = block GE= head (16v or 20V) T=turbo

I have 19 inch wheels , so much space to fill on celica . I have 19x8 front 19x9 rear . I will try 20mm rear spacer and 30mm front with more camber. I will need to change wheels if I want to get more .

I just finish the test fit the brakes I'll post some pictures .
soulshadow
I want in in whatever your dealing! thumbsup.gif
frotou
Custom brackets fits just fine with caliper/rotors combo

Test fit is a succes !

I can't wait to hit them HARD !
celica74
I want details! Where/what you bought, and how they perform.
purplegt4
holy cow. nice brakes. thumbsup.gif
Box
Well, at least you can stop now. tongue.gif
frotou
QUOTE (celica74 @ Nov 29, 2012 - 3:50 AM) *
I want details! Where/what you bought, and how they perform.

Here we go ;

Rotors are wilwood srp 14''x1.10'' , got them on ebay for 550 $. At the time to pay seller ask me if I want the wilwood hats for 125 $ more . They were made for corvette so I got them redrilled to 5x100.

After that I decided to match the rotors with wilwood 6 pistons calipers . Choice are radial or lug mount . Bought them on ebay also , 850$ with polymatrix pads type E compound . I prefer and buy lug mount caliper because it's easier to make the bracket .

Finally I contact a brake company specialized in custom brake with all my specs to get the bracket made . They already have the celica hub mounting/offset mesurement , I just tell them the specs of the calipers and rotors/hats .I got also the brakes lines and all hardware (spacers , bolts , washers) total 350$ .

The only issue I have are the pads fitment over the rotors. Wilwood list the calipers I have to go over 14'' rotors but they don't . So I need to re-profiled the pads .250'' lower to get them flush to the dics.

The total is 1875$ for the package. Ksport kits are approx. the same but I decided to go with custom parts + wilwood for cheap replacement parts in futur .

Unfortunately , I won't try the brakes before next year ; winter is already with us here ; 5 degree F today ....
Box
QUOTE (frotou @ Dec 1, 2012 - 7:55 PM) *
The total is 1875$ for the package. Ksport kits are approx. the same but I decided to go with custom parts + wilwood for cheap replacement parts in futur .

Holy ****, talk about dedicated. Very impressive though.
frotou
I recently buy 2 x E58 LSD tranny from japan levin GTZ (4agze) . I'm in the process to check the fitment issues.

Just bolted with the block

Front tranny mount is not a long shot .

Rear mount will be custom made .

Just clearing the steering rack

The 2ND tranny with spare 7afe block

celica74
Thats the 6speed?
frotou
E58 are 5 speed lsd transmission.
frotou
A lot of new things , no time to update so I will make a little effort .

I'm in the process of redone the interior

I add the water injection and 4 channel egt gauges at the bottom of the center console

Then I modify the cluster trim to adapt a complete stack dash

A little carbon fiber touch

A little glue over the plastic adaptor

I think I just need the stack dash now .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.