Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: civic/st cai only 28 bucks
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Digndoug
ok, for those who asked and those who care.. I bought a 92-95 civic cai off ebay for only 28 bucks, any civic cai will work. I just started out by removeing all the extra crap, well the old intake... i removed it down even underneth the fuse box..and under there is a hole. So i ran the pipes off and down where the old one went. works fine was real easy and cheap. Il ad a link to go to see pics,

goto the second page and the pics should be on the bottom

http://www.cardomain.com/id/digndoug
97sccelica
good find
OOBE
Cool, now you have an extra 50-75 wheel horsepower!
Digndoug
QUOTE (OOBE @ Dec 23, 2003 - 12:00 AM)

hahahaha...funny jackass...just trying to help some one out, yeah your fart pipe an rims add another 100
Four
hey what kind of front lip is that? and where can i get one?
97sccelica
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Dec 22, 2003 - 4:23 PM)

hahahaha...funny jackass...just trying to help some one out, yeah your fart pipe an rims add another 100

compared to stock exhaust, his exhaust setup add at least 40hp with huge gains across the whole power band

2.5 inch turbo back, if you count the turbo and manifold as part of the exhaust, i would say it added about 100hp
subsolo_21
You got a good buy. my civic intake and filter cost me about $90 frown.gif . I wish I had looked around more to get a cheap one, but at the time all I could think about was getting an intake on my car, I was too excited to think about the price. rolleyes.gif
97sccelica
QUOTE (subsolo_21 @ Dec 22, 2003 - 10:05 PM)
You got a good buy. my civic intake and filter cost me about $90 frown.gif . I wish I had looked around more to get a cheap one, but at the time all I could think about was getting an intake on my car, I was too excited to think about the price. rolleyes.gif

ouch, you didnt even get a true CAI
boosted_K2
user posted image

hahaha nice photoshop
97sccelica
yea that is pretty good.

i think the 4 headlights look better, especially with the jdm projectors
Andason
QUOTE (97sccelica @ Dec 22, 2003 - 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Dec 22, 2003 - 4:23 PM)

compared to stock exhaust, his exhaust setup add at least 40hp with huge gains across the whole power band

2.5 inch turbo back, if you count the turbo and manifold as part of the exhaust, i would say it added about 100hp

owned.gif
OOBE
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Dec 22, 2003 - 5:23 PM)

I know my brother, haha tongue.gif Just messing a bit with you. wink.gif
Digndoug
its all good, I jget sick of every one with an exhaust and intake, thinking that they have an extra 20-50 hp, when on a stock 4 banger it dosnt do to much more than maybe 10. I just hate ricers, thats why i wish i still had my bimmer, cause it was fine then and every thing was to expensive to do stuff to. well yeah so, thats about it
Uppitycracker
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Dec 23, 2003 - 1:59 PM)
its all good, I jget sick of every one with an exhaust and intake, thinking that they have an extra 20-50 hp, when on a stock 4 banger it dosnt do to much more than maybe 10. I just hate ricers, thats why i wish i still had my bimmer, cause it was fine then and every thing was to expensive to do stuff to. well yeah so, thats about it

On an engine without forced induction a "cold air intake" isnt even going to add 5hp, the stock air box is designed for the stock setup and is efficient enough. Not to down play your **** they sound cool for sure!
LatinKraze
Hey Uppity?? So i dont really need a CAI if all i have is a Header and exhaust?? Just a question...thanx bro.
Uppitycracker
QUOTE (LatinKraze @ Dec 23, 2003 - 3:11 PM)
Hey Uppity?? So i dont really need a CAI if all i have is a Header and exhaust?? Just a question...thanx bro.

Well Im no expert but the way I think about it is if you increase the air intake requirments of your engine ie: turbo charger, then you'll experience alot more gains with something that allows more air to enter like a ram air intake or cai. As far as Exhaust mods Im honestly not sure, Ill leave that to the experts. But obviously alot of engineering goes into even the airbox in your car so to me with a stock setup it doesnt make much sense to replace it unless you have already altered the performance of your car with something else. So with headers and exhaust maybe a cai would help.

What do you mean by exhaust? like bigger piping? high flow cat, that kinda ****?
LatinKraze
Yes sir, like the Greddy SP. I dont know exactly what it does, but i think i want it. biggrin.gif
SpedToe169
You guys are such a bunch of know it all doubters. If I can get off work next week, I'll have dyno numbers to shut you all up.
LatinKraze
Like thats is gonna stop they doubting. I think some prefer to go for personal experience than numbers. But yeah, if you post those sheets, we could benefit from it.
Uppitycracker
QUOTE (SpedToe169 @ Dec 23, 2003 - 3:35 PM)
You guys are such a bunch of know it all doubters.  If I can get off work next week, I'll have dyno numbers to shut you all up.

Actually I was saying I wasnt sure and just giving my logical opinion, I seriously doubt a simple cold air intake will do much at all, especially wih an econo engine.......but after reading your site, your product is a genuine CAI not just a short pipe sitting in the hot ass engine bay sucking in all that nice hot air biggrin.gif So it may do what it says as opposed to all the junk on the internet
Digndoug
ok, I know that my cai is not going to do wounders. I know it is only going to produce about 1-1.5 hp, and that has been proven on a stock st with just a cai. I hate trying to mod 4 bangers, cause it dosnt get to far, without turbo or supercharger, besides, the only reason i got it, is cause it was 28 bucks. I would never waste 180 bucks on only a cai. but it does sound really cool, and ls loud as ****, i mean rally, f-ing loud.
OOBE
SpeedToe, bring da' numbers, baby, that's what I love to see...real proof biggrin.gif
97sccelica
what so many people care about is peak gains, but the truth is, its the improvements in the power band that make simple mods like IHE worthwhile.

so what if a CAI only adds say 2 peak hp. the gains everywhere else might be as high as 10hp

and having intake, header and exhaust all on a car, the three parts will compliment eachother and increase the efficiency of the engine

which means more peak power, and a better powerband. peak power comes at a certain rpm, does your engine always stay at that rpm?
Justin
how far does that cai go into that hole? before i go buy a bypass valve
and do you need to do anything to make the o2 sensora or anything else fit
Digndoug
QUOTE (Justin @ Jan 2, 2004 - 6:55 AM)
how far does that cai go into that hole? before i go buy a bypass valve
and do you need to do anything to make the o2 sensora or anything else fit

The pipe should go down about 3-5 inches, it depends how you got everything to fit, its not going to be the best fit, but its nice, it was kinda a paint to get the filter in an on tight where i ended up, but it worked, and for the sensor, i just used rubber tube to connect, looks a lil odd, but that was just to have connect with out doing any drazy mod,s. but runs great sounds great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.