Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aftermarket intakes
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
SAE-HI
does anyone know if a short ram intake for a 2.2L will fit on a 1.8L intake? Ive been looking at it and it looks like itll fit but i just want to make sure.
dakotahwyatt
QUOTE (SAE-HI @ Jan 11, 2012 - 3:44 PM) *
does anyone know if a short ram intake for a 2.2L will fit on a 1.8L intake? Ive been looking at it and it looks like itll fit but i just want to make sure.

They make a reducer boot I have a 3in Sri and I have a reducer boot on it to fit the tb
SAE-HI
QUOTE (dakotahwyatt @ Jan 11, 2012 - 2:54 PM) *
QUOTE (SAE-HI @ Jan 11, 2012 - 3:44 PM) *

They make a reducer boot I have a 3in Sri and I have a reducer boot on it to fit the tb

how does the reducer boot work?
mkernz22
it makes the SRI 3" piping and reduces it down to the 2.5" on the GT. I'm not sure if the ST has a 2.5" opening or not.
SAE-HI
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Jan 11, 2012 - 4:25 PM) *
it makes the SRI 3" piping and reduces it down to the 2.5" on the GT. I'm not sure if the ST has a 2.5" opening or not.

oh i get it. ok thanks
trdproven
intakes made for the ST and GT are the same thing, whether the pipe is the same size as the TB it will work. if its bigger you just get a proper coupler, which is the reducer mentioned above. in reality, any intake will work as long as you can get it to mount to the TB, have the pipe clear obstruction, and still be able to plug in the MAP. but of course youd want to maximize where the filter is so that air goes to it effectively.
SAE-HI
QUOTE (trdproven @ Jan 13, 2012 - 2:28 AM) *
intakes made for the ST and GT are the same thing, whether the pipe is the same size as the TB it will work. if its bigger you just get a proper coupler, which is the reducer mentioned above. in reality, any intake will work as long as you can get it to mount to the TB, have the pipe clear obstruction, and still be able to plug in the MAP. but of course youd want to maximize where the filter is so that air goes to it effectively.

yeah i was just wondering what should i do with the hole that's suppose to connect to the breather tube on the 5sfe motor since i have a 7afe. But i read some articles and it said that a drop in filter works just as good as a short ram so imma grab a kn&n filter instead to save some money. thanks though
Smaay
drop in filters do work better, but the restriction is the stock airbox. an intake like a SRI will give you better results
trdproven
the breather hose can go to the valve cover or you can cap it on the intake side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.