Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: temperature gauge fluctuates.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Sloo94GT
i have a 94 celica GT 2.2l 150000 plus. I recently did a coolant change/ flush about 3 weeks ago but when i got in my car to drive my temperature gauge fluctuates and its feels as if im loosing power. the radiator and over flow have coolant, i have heat, its just the temperature gauge fluctuates and feels like its lost power. If any one know whats going on here i would really appreciate the help. thanks.
RobbMeeX
Bad thermostat not holding the cold coolant? I know when I start in the morning, I can get on the interstate with the heat off, let it get hot then turn the heat on I can watch the gauge drop...
Sloo94GT
So are you saying its a bad thermostat??? i never had this problem over the year ive had it wonder why it would start now.
Sloo94GT
OOO! and the temp needle drops from normal temp to cold when i floor it. i have a vid if need to know what im talking about. HELP!
dakotahwyatt
QUOTE (Sloo94GT @ Jan 13, 2012 - 9:46 PM) *
OOO! and the temp needle drops from normal temp to cold when i floor it. i have a vid if need to know what im talking about. HELP!

Sounds like a air bubble in the system

QUOTE (Sloo94GT @ Jan 13, 2012 - 9:46 PM) *

Sounds like a air bubble in the system
Sloo94GT
is there a bleeder valve on this yota motor, if so where is it located??
kurt95gt
Been awhile since I've done it but if I remember right there's a bleeder valve on the thermostat housing
RobbMeeX
If the coolant level keeps dropping, yeah its an air bubble. Otherwise I suggest a thermostat. Its cheap too at like $7 or so. Then rebleed: done.
mkernz22
you should "burp" the system.
take the coolant cap off (when the car is cold), and start the car up.
let it run with the heat fully on so that it circulates the whole system.
it should get rid of the bubble and you can add some if you notice that the coolant level drops
rave2n
My GT did this, was a loose wire on the sensor itself on the water inlet.

I don't think there is a bleeder, don't we have to "burp" them...raise it up, pop the cap off, sqeeze the tubes blah blah.
Sloo94GT
Allright guys i have came to the conclusion that my Thermostat is failing, i don't see how i would have an air pocket after 3 weeks of driving it. the only time the temp goes down is when i floor it. all the senors are fine. so all the fingers point to the thermostat, plus it hasn't been changed in the cars life time. i really appreciate every ones input thanks. Case Closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.