Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legal headers......
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
shai
What's a legal header for an st205 for emission tests besides the stock one?
SupraKid
That is an oxymoron....St205 engines aren't legal for emissions..(In CA at least)
Syaoran
Most aftermarket headers delete the stock cat...

Not sure what you mean by header on an ST205. Manifold, downpipe?

Any manifold is as legal as the stock one, but as for downpipe, your best bet would be an aftermarket one with a high-flow cat for better airflow, is my guess.
Arsaces
Legalities vary immensely from state to state, in my state there is no emissions testing, the rule is based on sound. Technically you aren't allowed to remove any exhaust components, but because there are no inspections you really just have to keep the car from being too loud in order to not get into trouble.
chacha
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Jan 14, 2012 - 9:26 PM) *
That is an oxymoron....St205 engines aren't legal for emissions..(In CA at least)

HE's not in cali, so it wouldn't matter... probably referring to a st205 engine swap and looking for headers (but really for the 3sgte, it is known as the exhaust manifold +downpipe because of the turbo) for the engine; 3sgte don't have headers. if colorado don't have smog emission laws that are strict like freakin' cali, it would not matter what type of headers you get, as long as you CAN FIND some floating made especially for the celi, but good luck as not much market out there for the st205, don't know if mr2 manifolds are interchangeable with st205 (imagine it would be). Which this usually is a custom-made or again one from the mr2 3sgte that has same pattern as the st205.

Come on sup...a little more guiding rather than a comment like that rolleyes.gif . Probably asked the question wrong. I'm sure everyone's have asked something a weird question that didn't make sense in their life.

C-one has them, but they are out of business...still products should be floating around. hks...sard...cusco..etc
Neon90424
my st205 didn't come with headers laugh.gif

but in all seriousness judging by the picture you have a st204... As long as you aren't in car nazi california and you pass smog I don't see why buying another header would be a problem. take EGR system into account too
shai
well i'm from colorado so it's not as strict as california law but i do want to make my car legal as much as possible.... i wanted to put more HP on the motor... but i also wanted to find legal(emission tests Passable) parts to put on it as much as i can so that i dont have to keep on taking it in and out again with the stock parts every time that i have to do an emission tests on it.......does any of this make any sense....
Neon90424
you replace the cat with a high flow cat...
mkernz22
you could get a cutout so that if you run it closed, it will be quiet, but as soon as you open it, it will just roar and you will gain a few lbs of boost.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.