Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Altezza Beams
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
199celica
i was looking at the beams swaps and i saw that the jdm is300 uses a 3sge beams has anyone tried to use this engine rather the celica beams? will it mate to a S series tranny?
richee3
http://www.mr2.com/kb/index.php?article=30

Do yourself a favor- just buy a Redtop. It's not worth the work/cost for 10 extra hp.
199celica
haha alright thanks for the input
richee3
It simply isn't worth having to buy a Redtop and a Blacktop just to have a Blacktop. You could save your money and just buy the Redtop or get a 3S-GTE and have more power than either BEAMS. I think there might be a Blacktop swapped 5th gen running around- Edophus, maybe? You could talk to him for more information but I personally wouldn't bother with it.
SupraKid
OP PM me and i can help you get ahold of a beams or 3sgte cheapish.

Oh and:
In b4 Justin.
BonzaiCelica
^^^^^ laugh.gif i have a job now! 9-5pm so I'm not stuck on this forum 24/7 like before

Edophus hasn't been on 6gc in over a month. Yes he is putting the blacktop engine directly into his FWD ST182. Its really a pain in the ass and not worth it at all.

One thing I would advise is buying a redtop swap. Then going onto the beams forums and purchasing the blacktop titanium valves, 11.5 compression piston, and larger bucket lifters. Your horsepower should jump up to 10 hp. The vvt-i on the exhaust side is mainy for emissions. Slap a standalone ecu and you'll crank out 17-20 extra all around after the tune biggrin.gif
199celica
Alright sweet guys thanks for the input the only reason i was asking is because its like 400 dollars cheaper and more power but im glad i asked. Are the titanium valves from a black top bigger than the red top or is it just the fact they are titanium because if i would do that wouldn't it be easier to just buy ferrea?
BonzaiCelica
QUOTE (199celica @ Feb 3, 2012 - 10:01 PM) *
Alright sweet guys thanks for the input the only reason i was asking is because its like 400 dollars cheaper and more power but im glad i asked. Are the titanium valves from a black top bigger than the red top or is it just the fact they are titanium because if i would do that wouldn't it be easier to just buy ferrea?

bucket lifters (whatever these are???) are 2mm larger. it has a .5:1 higher compression ratio over redtop engine. yes exhaust n intake valves are titanium. also blacktop has larger injectors

get a beams already. so you can be the second person in all of southern california to have a redtop beams motor in a toyota biggrin.gif
199celica
shoot i agree man i want to find me someone that wants to buy my miata apr spoiler bud then i will go and find a beams to swap in haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.