Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: burnout help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
94odiecelica
94 st stock everything. i was just wanting to try out a burnout before i get my new tires, replacin my basically bald ones. i just wanted the do's and dont's even though i already know that burnout for any smart person not wanting to destroy their car is a dont. i just want my first burnout to go without destroyin my clutch or anything else. ive read and watched how to, but i would just like as much info as i can get. just gettin a bit scared for my tranny and clutch, cause id rather not buy a new clutcl lol
d3ath2009
several factors here... how many miles on the clutch? brand of clutch? condition of axles/cv boots?... if its a good clutch (fairly new) and everything else seems good I would say go for it... if not, dont do it..... i had an advanced auto clutch in my car for a year or 2. never really burnt the tires much, but that clutch still only had like 35-40k miles on it before it needed replaced.... also i mentioned cv boots because from my experience, if you have to replace the inner boot (at least on passenger side) you have to replace the whole axle.. I'm not sure if this is 100% true or not, I just know I couldnt find an inner boot or get the original off
99celiGT
with a stock ST your not gonna do a burnout. it doesnt produce enough power to keep the tires spinning to do a decent burnout.
rave2n
Lol, with the ST....go ahead and find a hill, aim your arse down it...let go of the brakes and coast backwards, then drop it.

About the only way you'll burn it out.

If it was going to break, it will break. Regardless of the burnout, may make it sooner, but it was due for a fix either way. If you normally drive her hard, doubtful a burnout will do much.

Rev the 7a to 3.5...let the clutch go enough til you hear it squeeling, do your best to hold....try not to use to much clutch, or youll burn it.
kurt95gt
Maybe it was just mine but my old st had no problem doin burnouts
It lit the tires up everytime i launch hard at the track lol
Id say go for it if your. Cars in good shape the buld tire should spin easy enough
rave2n
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Feb 7, 2012 - 10:18 AM) *
Maybe it was just mine but my old st had no problem doin burnouts

Lol my old one would occasionally, but not sure of what factors were involved, like the ground a little damp from morning dew or what.
94odiecelica
i have no idea when the clutch was replaced by the owners before me. its not stock, but i assume everything else is. i dont got enough money to replace a whole hell of a lot if i do brake something. its seen 168,000 miles so thats why im scared. i mean i drive him hard as is, but would i let the clutch out fast, or slow. once i rev to whatever, and let the clutch out however fast, do i floor it or try to keep the same rpm? just a basic tutorial, and even though im probably gonna hurt him since hes old and got miles, what i can do to avoid hurtin him more than i would if i didnt know
kurt95gt
I know most of mine was on dry flat pavement but my old st doesnt seem to drive like any of the other st's.
Wish i had it back loved that car frown.gif
stephen_lee
my st manual could do it fine too. you could help it out by adding some soap/water to your front tires and set the ebrake. revand drop the clutch. itll help you break loose w/o moving and increase the chance you will stay in one spot and spin.
94odiecelica
so let the clutch out completely as fast as i can? and keep a steady rpm of around 4.5? or as soon as i let the clutch out as fast as i can, floor the gas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.