Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte swap question!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
cjh4l22
As the title and description says... anyone looked at their swap lately and seen if its titled/leaning a bit from driver side(higher) to passenger side(lower)?
I know it leans from front to back (toward the firewall). But I talked to another (AT200) 3s swapper who did it from a gt4 clip and he reported the same thing.

Info? thanks for any answers. Curious if its a difference in the ST..
purplegt4
QUOTE (cjh4l22 @ Feb 13, 2012 - 10:07 PM) *
As the title and description says... anyone looked at their swap lately and seen if its titled/leaning a bit from driver side(higher) to passenger side(lower)?
I know it leans from front to back (toward the firewall). But I talked to another (AT200) 3s swapper who did it from a gt4 clip and he reported the same thing.

it really shouldn't. the ST is supposed to use the same holes for the motor mount on the timing belt side.
Stambo
i noticed this a little bit on my swap also. Been fine for almost 20k miles now
cjh4l22
QUOTE (purplegt4 @ Feb 15, 2012 - 4:30 PM) *
QUOTE (cjh4l22 @ Feb 13, 2012 - 10:07 PM) *

it really shouldn't. the ST is supposed to use the same holes for the motor mount on the timing belt side.

QUOTE (Stambo @ Feb 15, 2012 - 7:17 PM) *
i noticed this a little bit on my swap also. Been fine for almost 20k miles now

purplegt4- yea i know but maybe the frame is a little bit different? idt so, but its just curious

and thanks for the info Stambo. I am curious if we have something extra or not enough on one side or the other? i'm not even sure mine was like this till after returning from the shop it went to for a bit. i'll check pics.
more info would be much appreciated.
cjh4l22
bump. any more info?
bsamps4
Mine doesn't lean at all. It's going to have a lot to do with the mount and mounting location that you are using. IIRC you would likely to have had to tap at least one hole for that mount. Only thing I could think of is finding a buddy with a GT, and taking a look at their exact set up.
lagos
Um, check to see if your motor mount bolts didn't come loose on the motor.
cjh4l22
I am thinking it could be a bracket on the driver side. between the upper trans mount and the rubber mount that bolts to the frame. There is a ~1" thick bracket that I think some pple use and some don't.
mckenziejr
any pics?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.