Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progression of vehicles
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
94CeliGTguy
Well I started with a 94 celica gt coupe back when I was 17 yrs old. I liked it, and did a few small mods to it, but I realized I had caught the speed bug and my auto 5sfe wasn't gonna get me there. I next went to a 98 mustang gt automatic when I was 19 yrs old. This was much faster, but I was able to sell it for a profit so I did. Next I was still short on my budget for a fast car, so I bought a 2001 ford ranger 4.0 v6 automatic. I was able to flip it for a nice profit, and so I was ready to find a fast car. I ended up with a 96 mustang cobra 5 speed, kenne bell supercharged, meth injected, many mods. I had to fix a lot of things wrong with the car and have it dyno tuned twice and with a total of 9000$ invested I hit 370rwhp. But really my love of cars goes back to my old 94 celica gt. I started learning about cars with it and have made it a long way since the celica. I had wanted to go with a 5sfte turbo setup with my 94 celica gt, but I couldn't afford it at 19, now I'm 22 and pretty happy with my cobra.

I just wanted to share my vehicular progression since this is the forum that got me started with modding cars. Thanks for reading. Here are a few links to some vids of my cobra. If you would like to see a youtube vid of my cobra please copy and paste this into your browser. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk7YpoGNjuc...b93AUAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIFQFlaPmeo...b93AUAAAAAAAAAA
kurt95gt
Sounds like youve had fun
Id type out my story but i dont think the page is big enough lol
Smaay
9 grand and you only hit 370HP? for 9 grand i could make your celica make 500
94CeliGTguy
QUOTE (Smaay @ Feb 24, 2012 - 10:25 AM) *
9 grand and you only hit 370HP? for 9 grand i could make your celica make 500

Haha I could have hit more than 370hp if I wanted to, but its my daily driver and 370 is plenty. Besides I dislike fwd vehicles and no offense but Celicas dont get nearly the amount of chicks that a Cobra does. I mean when people ask me what car I drive and I reply a Cobra, I get mad attention, not so much in a celica. And I highly doubt you can purchase a Celica and mod it to reliably and be a pleasant daily driver while making 500fwhp for 9k, especially not the US version, maybe in a gt4... But thanks for your critical remarks, I can take it lol.

Edit: I gotta add that my cobra passes emissions and has zero check engine codes, which I dont think a 500hp celica can say.
kurt95gt
Its called a 2gr an turbo lol
But your are right the cobra we ill make ppl shut up alot faster than a celica an theres alot of other stuff you can do too other than hp mods

Plus cobras just look bada$$
94CeliGTguy
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Mar 6, 2012 - 9:08 PM) *
Its called a 2gr an turbo lol
But your are right the cobra we ill make ppl shut up alot faster than a celica an theres alot of other stuff you can do too other than hp mods

Plus cobras just look bada$$

Yeah they do thanks. Mine also has a lot of suspension work too plus nice staggered 18 inch wheels. My complete mod list:

Mod list: 96 Crystal White Cobra, mileage 116k, black interior, new cobra headlights/clear corners, hid headlights and hid fogs, 18x9/18x10 fr500 wheels, new tires less than 4k miles, fresh brake pads all around, sequential tail light kit, led license plate bulbs, rare oem export side view mirrors,

Performance Mods: 1.5 liter Kenne Bell Supercharger, Snow Performance stage 2 methyl alcohol injection system, 03-04 cobra COP conversion, 8 new motorcraft coils, 42lb fuel injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, Mishimoto radiator, Moroso coolant reservior, BBK cold air intake, 90mm Lightning MAF, Ram hdx clutch, Ram billet flywheel, Ford Racing HD clutch cable, throwout bearing, and clutch quadrant, bbk catless h pipe, flowmaster catback, magnaflow exhaust tips, tokico adjusable shocks and struts, Steeda caster/camber plates, Steeda progressive rate lowering springs, Steeda rear control arms upper and lower, newly installed Moog balljoints, newly installed inner/outer tie rods, aluminum driveshaft w/ safety loop, freshly installed Gates heavy duty radiator hoses,

Interior: black interior, 2001 Cobra seats, (black leather/grey suede), Autometer boost guage and coolant temperature gauge, led ac lights, jvc headunit, 1999+ shifter bezel and center console, mach 1 aluminum pedals, Steeda tri ax short shifter, 03 cobra style shift knob,

kurt95gt
Pics?
94CeliGTguy

94CeliGTguy
Also another link to some of my youtube vids

Youtube vid

Youtube vid
kurt95gt
Looks like 9000 well spent if you like fords lol
94CeliGTguy
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Mar 7, 2012 - 6:40 PM) *
Looks like 9000 well spent if you like fords lol

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I really just wanted a car that would run 12's and my budget was about 8k for initial purchase and I had to add another grand after purchase for the dyno tunes, and small maintenance stuff it needed.

I do like fords but I have a lot of respect for any well-built car, import or domestic. What I really want next is a Ls2 powered 05-06 Pontiac Gto, but that wont happen anytime soon. And it would be a H/C/I setup.

I wish it was more feasible to make a US version awd celica or I probly would have done a 5sfte, but I'm not a big fan of fwd.

Thanks for the responses, I figured I'd just get flamed on a Celica site haha.
kurt95gt
Im more of a chevy guy myself lol
once i can afford it i wantto swap a ls1 with turbo into my nova but thats along way off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.