Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: apexi n1 or skunk2 megapower?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Antz5SFE
I am trying to decide on a muffler to weld on to 2.5" cat-back piping & i was stuck on skunk2 for awhile but i cant find any videos of a 6gc with a skunk2 muffler, it seems like everybody has apexi. can anyone tell me which is louder or better sounding? thanks!
99gt3sge
there both anoying loud, i heard both of them, the megapower is loud as f@#$! and the apex has a higher pitch sound, if you end up turboin that car the megapower ssounds nice because it quiets it down and developes a rumble sound. imo
WhipCreamCelica
i was stuck on both of those, but i decided to go with an Invidia N1 off an STI, and i still have my stock exhaust piping which i will soon upgrade to 2.5 catback piping, and it sounds freaking asom, cant wait to hear what it sound like with 2.5
Culpable04
both exhaust will yield the same sound, the difference that people notice is due to different resonator and cats.

I have the Skunk2 muffler and it sounds very nice, is not loud by any means, but if I step on it, you know there is a car with a working engine next to you.

my setup is vibrent performance super silent resonator, magnaflow high flow cat and skunk2 muffler, all with 3 inch piping on a 3rd gen 3sgte

I would go with whichever you can get cheaper, I got my skunk2 for 25 dollars from a friend so choice was easy for me tongue.gif
BonzaiCelica
apexi comers in 60mm and 63mm. as for skink2 it comes only in 57mm and 63mm(2.5 inches)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.