Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
UVZ164
Hey guys,

Me and my friends were thinking if all that was done to a car for a few years was oil change and oil filter what would be a good list do do an overhaul service?
We came up with:

Brake fluid and pads
Clutch fluid
Transmission fluid
Power steering fluid
Engine oil
Coolant
Oil filter
Fuel filter
Air filter
Spark plugs and leads
Valve clearance
Dizzy cap and rotor
PCV valve
Clean and test all sensors
Inspection for weird noises etc
Wheel rotation

Anything that you would add/subtract from that list?

We also made a simple regular maintenance list:

Oil change and filter
Clean air filter
Top up all fluid levels

Same question as above, anything you would add/subtract from that list?

Cheers,

Reece
mandrek
trim? mileage?
UVZ164
Well i have a 1997 ZR(GT) with 134000Km but it was more of a general list not specific to my current needs
mandrek
QUOTE (UVZ164 @ Feb 29, 2012 - 7:29 PM) *
Well i have a 1997 ZR(GT) with 134000Km but it was more of a general list not specific to my current needs

well if i did my conversion right. there is one thing that you do not have on your list that you will be coming up to the recommended service.. and that is the timing belt. IIRC it should be done at 90k miles, and you are @ just over 83K ATM..

that and you may want to give a good look at your brake rotors wile you are at it..

good luck! smile.gif
jordisonjr
I think they are supposed to be done every 150 000km or 160 000 km, I did mine at 153
RobbMeeX
If you are not too worried about replacing it, you could run it till it snaps redface.gif
I'd take a tape measure and check the toe in on the front end. If you haven't had an alignment in a while you can get it close and save some tire.
Sounds like you needed to do mostly time related stuff, cause that is low miles.
Spider77
Just for fun (since you are doing plugs) id do a compression test.....verify timing is correct. While your pulling off wheels, check all your suspension components (ball joints, bushings, etc....).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.