Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5sfe ticking while on accessory
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
CrypticDeity
I replaced the ecu to make my car run again. Originally it ran rough, then stalled, then the battery died and it wouldn't run again until it was replaced. Now it runs fine sometimes but other times its rough and I have to wait a little while before it's okay agin. Now when I turn the key to accessory without turning the egine over, it goes "ticktick ticktick tick grrrmmm" and the grrmm sound is kinda like something winding up then dying. Then my car idles rough and sometimes will run fine after I start going or sometimes it will just keep dropping my rpms no matter how much gas I'm giving it.
CrypticDeity
bump? This problem is wierd and googleing or searching this site for ticktick ticktick tick grrmmm doesn't give any results.
RobbMeeX
Get under the hood and find out whats ticking...
PolliS_5S-FE
if its the tick tick grrrrmmmm that happens about 5 or 6 seconds after turning the key to the 'on' position, this is normal. Its priming something, cant recall exactly what
SwissFerdi
Your fuel pump may be making noise.
RobbMeeX
Why the tick? Fuel has the obvious sound of rushing fluid.
199celica
The loud tick could be from a relay going bad see if u can get ur hands on a digital multimeter and check for resistance i believe its 0.5 ohms is spec but i could be wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.