Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cooling issue
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
gtprominient
hi guys i just discovered last week that my 3sge gen 3 is pushing the coolant into the over flow bottle. i have in a aluminum radiator less than 2 months old first i change the cap to a toyota gen 1.1. same problem this morning i open the radiator and notice it was half full because i had remove the overflow hose from the bottle so it wasn't able to suck back, start the car let it idle with out the cap i notice whenever i rev it the coolant level rise in the tank, let it idle and would receed.
i then allowed it to idle and it rise the coolant level till it was running over,whenever the fan comes on it would work properly.is that headgasket on its way out or fan switch
nics
Too much pressure means internal leak. Have the head and the headgasket checked/replaced.
gtprominient
the pressure is not strong it seems that a little ridge in the radiator spout that a section was grind down when i was doing some work in the spout so i am wondering if it cause the cap to lock properly down in the bottom of the spout. still doing some test
gtprominient
can anyone say if i can get the spout of the aluminium radiator to buy if so please state where
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.