Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: st202 "plug and play" with 94 gt???
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
hjesse11
Will an st202 engine work with the 94 5s-fe transmission and allow fwd instead of the awd transmission? I may have a cracked head and found a cheap st202 so i figure if itll work ill just swap it in. If not ohwell, ill find another 2.2 engine ha. Thanks guys.
Rusty
a ST202 engine is:
3S-FE
3S-GE
3S-GE redtop BEAMS

will work with your manual(?) GT transmission which is:
S54

Yes it will be FWD.
Yes it will require rewiring in
hjesse11
QUOTE (Rusty @ Mar 15, 2012 - 1:59 AM) *
a ST202 engine is:
3S-FE
3S-GE
3S-GE redtop BEAMS

S54

Yes it will be FWD.

Yes, manual, sorry about that and its the 3S-GE ST202. And how much rewiring? The engine will mach all the mounts and bolt right up to the trranny then? If so thatd be awesome.
KAOS
QUOTE (hjesse11 @ Mar 15, 2012 - 1:36 AM) *
QUOTE (Rusty @ Mar 15, 2012 - 1:59 AM) *
a ST202 engine is:
3S-FE
3S-GE
3S-GE redtop BEAMS

S54

Yes it will be FWD.

Yes, manual, sorry about that and its the 3S-GE ST202. And how much rewiring? The engine will mach all the mounts and bolt right up to the trranny then? If so thatd be awesome.

I am in the process of this right now... swapping my GT-S to a ST202 revIII 3SGE. So far - everything fits properly other than the harness which will need to be extended or another hole drilled into the firewall.

FYI the ST202 's were never AWD- you might be thinking the ST205's (which are GT-Fours).
FORGMANN
I am doing a 3sge as well and it will be plug and play but i sourced all the wiring from a Euro spec 94 with LHD harness. No easy to find and not cheap. Mainly extending harness is bigest issue on RHD harness. Wiring changes are similar to st205 swap.

Also take note if buy engine and what gearbox you get. I was lucky to get E56 LSD box but added another 400 in sourcing axles and mounts
hjesse11
Oh, okay, didnt realize its a fwd model. And i wasnt sure sine i have a 2.2 whether the tranny would bold up to the 2.0. So i should make sure its an E56 box. Explain that for me? Im not big into all this swap work. I was just gonna get another car but i cant part with her ha.
FORGMANN
Down side to E56 is sourcing axles and viscous coupling LSD will wear out over time and by 100,000 miles you have open diff again
If cost is an issue get one with s54
hjesse11
Cost is an issue right now, if the head is cracked then i will be getting a new engine. If i can find a 2.0 for relatively same price as a 2.2 then i wanna do the swap. Whats the difference between the E56 and E54??
KAOS
QUOTE (hjesse11 @ Mar 16, 2012 - 7:47 PM) *
Cost is an issue right now, if the head is cracked then i will be getting a new engine. If i can find a 2.0 for relatively same price as a 2.2 then i wanna do the swap. Whats the difference between the E56 and E54??

The E56 has a LSD in the differential. (Limited Slip Differential).

Are there any pins that need to be swapped when moving from the 2.2L 5SFE to the 2.0L 3SGE?

I have the ECU, Harness and Fuse box out of a ST202.

????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.