Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help car overheats
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
st202import
hi guys hoping you can help me when stopped with the engine running or in traffic the car overheats then sprays coolent all over my engine bay frown.gif not good when u turn up to a car cruise n my car takes a wee infront of everyone kindasad.gif,
is it the sensor or my thermosat or is just my fans are dead ?
PolliS_5S-FE
I think its more than the fans if its spraying coolant mate! hahaha, you'll need to be checking everywhere for cracks in the rad, check the hoses are strapped on proper, no splits and change the radiator cap. Idle the car with the bonnet open and have a look!!!! Just dont get burnt
st202import
theres no cracks in the rad all hoses are on and fine and ive swapped rad caps , the coolent came out off the over-flow , only gets hot when its stationary kindasad.gif but the fans do not kick in at all kindasad.gif
Sunny
Hi,

stationary and by city driving the engine gets realy hot (becouse of the less air flow)
pull out the connector from the fan swich (on the radiator next the outlet), so they must start to run

you can also check the fuse -> 30A CDS and RDI

greetz
Smaay
thats why you are overheating, the fans are not kicking on. check the wiring, the fans themselves, or the relays.
m2736185
If you remove the fan switch connector and the fans dont turn on your problem has something to do with the fan. If it turns on then you should check the thermostat to make sure its opening or the sensor the switch is connected to.
st202import
cheers guys i shall try this soon as smile.gif much thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.