I decided to post this up just to show another way of how to convert a ST to GT (7A TO 5S or 3S series engine)

I am ol' school guy and very anal about parts and builds on my cars. No fake parts and if work needs to be
done like it to be as OEM as possible. Luckily for me all my friends are also ol' school and extremely anal
about their work. My buddy Brad is big into MR2's and has built some nice cars. He has been a welder for
almost 15yrs and started doing it in the Army working on tanks.

We analyzed a frame cut from a chopped up Beams clip i saved and set up a plan to properly add weld nuts to
frame. We decided side cut was best route and cut out nuts from clip.

We started with template and cut out rectangle on side of frame taking note of spot welds.After cuts made 3 spot
welds removed. This took off first layer. next layer had 4 spot welds and little finsish cutting and this is what you have

We trimmed down metal around weld nut and left about 1mm of material around it to weld to.

Then the inner wall was welded back in. First tacked in then bead welded entire plate and hit spot welds. 30 minutes of
grinding and it was smoothed out

Outer peice was slightly trimmed down 2mm and tacked into place. Them full bead weld was done and 1 hour of
grinding and it was smooth and looks OEM. Just need to add filler smooth out and ready for primer and repainting
entire engine bay. Total time was 4 hours to fully convert . Frame now is much stronger in than area as a side
benefit.