Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Finishing Swap!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
blackscarlet
So I will just state the quick and dirty because this really could be a very long story...

I purchased a 1995 celica st with a blown motor about 4 maybe 5 years ago. I then bought a 4AGE101 Silvertop motor and transmission. My Boyfriend at the time, his dad, and I put the motor/trans in. Anyway it is about 90% finished. Dr Tweak did the wiring harness for me years ago. It still needs the power steering canaster mounted, the throttle cable mounted, a few hoses... and an exhaust put on. Then of course trouble shooting any vaccuum issues and what not. It does run but i haven't run it for long.

It is black (with 2 silver race stripes unfortunately). The exterior is pretty clean. There are 2 small dings that can easily be hammered out (possibly without even ruining the paint there). Absolutley zero rust on the frame or other components. The interior is ok.. the seats are stained, the panels are mostly in good shape, i need 1 passenger side panel replaced. The back seats are good.

The issue is our 10 yr relationship ended 2 weeks ago (which I have been put through the ringer mentally/phisically/and financially) and I need to do 1 of 2 things. Finish the car and drive it or sell it and get a different car. I would love to drive it since so much sweat went into it but I need something asap.

I have done a lot of the work but I need to ensure that everything is done properly and it is safe to drive. So my question to anyone out there that can give me any advice is what could I get for this car and is there anyone nearby with experience with this motor that would take a look to see if that is all that needs to be done and depending on what is left give me a quote on helping me finish it. Mostly just trouble shootng. It idles pretty low.

I really appreciate any advice/help.
Smaay
too bad you are on the opposite side of the country. i could check it out for you. i dont know of anyone reliable on the east coast that you can take it to. I think Tweak is out that way, try sending him a PM.
blackscarlet
I am pretty sure Tweak is in Phoenix. frown.gif

I'm not betting on anyone actually being close enough.. years ago when I did all the research for the swap I didn't see anyone from around here. But I'm desperate so I figured I'd give it a shot. LOL

trdproven
i believe tweak is in the east coast, i think the shop he works at is just called phoenix tuning.
Soulend
he is in South Carolina.

Tweak'd Performance LLC
129 Charpia Ave
Summerville, SC 29483

Talk to Presure2 (manny AKA JDMguy) he is in... Rode Island? I think the east coast is littered with a BUNCH of people who can help you out. Manny might know of someone closer too you.

and trust me, if Tweak was in Phoenix... my car would have been done by him tongue.gif no one out in Az that has done much with our celica.

Kevin
presure2
Contact art (lagos) he lives in kop Iirc.
lagos
Yeah im a 20min drive away. I'll take a look at it.
PhoenixTech
QUOTE (blackscarlet @ Mar 20, 2012 - 6:15 PM) *
I am pretty sure Tweak is in Phoenix. frown.gif

I'm not betting on anyone actually being close enough.. years ago when I did all the research for the swap I didn't see anyone from around here. But I'm desperate so I figured I'd give it a shot. LOL

We are right outside Charleston, SC. I do know where King of Prussia is though! I'm originally from NEPA, and have family in Phoenixville.

-Cam, Tweak'd Performance
blackscarlet
KOP is right outside of Philly. About 15 minutes from Phoenixville.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.