Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TWM Help!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Timmyface
Hey guys, after some advice from anyone that has the TWM short shifter. Specifically on a stock 1994 model.
They are saying that my shifter assembly looks like a 1993 model, as the pivot balls on their shifter won't clip into my oem cups.

Just wondering if they are meant to just sit in them?
Click in?
They sent the wrong one?
Or they are full of ****.

They may sen me the 1992/3 model short shifter, think this will fit?

Thanks!
KAOS
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Mar 20, 2012 - 2:11 PM) *
Hey guys, after some advice from anyone that has the TWM short shifter. Specifically on a stock 1994 model.
They are saying that my shifter assembly looks like a 1993 model, as the pivot balls on their shifter won't clip into my oem cups.

Just wondering if they are meant to just sit in them?
Click in?
They sent the wrong one?
Or they are full of ****.

They may sen me the 1992/3 model short shifter, think this will fit?

Thanks!

When I installed my Short Throw Shifter from a 7th Gen - the pivot balls were bigger than the oem cups. - I did manage to get them in however, but not without a lot of force/effort on my half. kindasad.gif

I haven't had any problems with it since installing it, but I would recommend finding something that does fit properly.
Smaay
when i installed a TWM in my alltrac and 7th gen, it snapped into the cups.
Timmyface
I sent them a photo of my shifter housing, and they believe it's a 1992/3 one. Why would it be if it hasn't ever been replaced? Can I get different cups? I don't really have the spare $100 to ship it back to them >< they are persistent that they sent the correct shifter.
Timmyface
Does this look any different to anyone?

99gt3sge
the fifth gen shifter box is different from the six gen. urs is a 6th gen one.
jt1023
I installed the Ralco RZ short throw on my '96. I know its not a TWM, but I imagine that the two should be similar since I followed the TWM instructions for my install.

Hardest part in my opinion was getting the cups off of the OEM shifter. Once that was done, all that was needed was a bit of force to get the short shifter pivot balls to snap into the cups. Once snapped in, the cups should be able to slide around the ball freely, they should not be locked in place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.