Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine light on and off
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
rodriguez046
I was driving then suddlenly ma check enginw light came on ..couple hours later it when off what could b?..
mkernz22
most likely an o2 sensor, or you had a slight missfire
rodriguez046
What should i do just wait til it shows again to run the diagnosis and find out which sensor is it..or what do u guys advice
kurt95gt
Mine does that about once a month due to a dirty o2 sensor
Bitter
could b problem. code best b gotted.
cheela
I'd say O2 sensor as well. mine's been doing that for a while.
also, if you have an auto parts store like advance auto or auto zone nearby, they do free code checks on the spot.
rodriguez046
Would the code show even of the light is off
kurt95gt
Mine doesnt show any codes if the lights off
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 23, 2012 - 8:29 AM) *

Precisely.

Daw, go ta auto part store them boys well hook u up. jus tell them plug that bish in an read them numbas
badman322
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Mar 23, 2012 - 12:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 23, 2012 - 8:29 AM) *

Precisely.

Daw, go ta auto part store them boys well hook u up. jus tell them plug that bish in an read them numbas

To bad he's got a '95, before obdII. Could be O2 sensor, could also be EGR problem. I had that happen to me where the light would go on and off and that was the code I got from it. Although, the new engine should take care of that!
rodriguez046
Also it smell like gas
Bitter
Werd to yo motha, search n junk to learn how 2 b pull the codes from that b4 obdii car. Aight?
kurt95gt
Pin e1 an te1 to read the codes on a obd1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.