Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5fse power loss after warm up?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
KaneO
So i own a St204 (ZR) 5sfe Celica that looses some of its power after warming up for about 5-10mins. The thing has a whirling/ whining sound after it warms up also, I was told the timming belt was a little tight and it wasn't really anything to worry about. Did some research and found others that had the same problem. Most considered a O2 sensor to be the cause. But they claimed there's to blow smoke and mine doesn't.

Any help would be most appreciated =)
richee3
Is your check engine light on?
KaneO
QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 23, 2012 - 7:48 PM) *
Is your check engine light on?

The check engine light isn't on. How ever i think most the dash lights don't work (since ive had the car) except the indicators and the ones that light up the dials. They Haven't concerned me enough to take the time to fix them lol.
199celica
To make sure your dash lights work turn ur key to the on position without starting it all of the lights on the dash should come on. Well all of the optional lights if u have abs the abs light with come on so on and so fourth make sure they turn on. If not pull the cluster apart replace the lights that don't work. But i have had this whirling sound but mine is due to my alternator pulley going bad. I have not a clue why your car would lose powere though.
Box
Idle Air Control Valve possibly? Haven't known them to make a whining sound, but have had them screws things up after the car had warmed up.
aqua1996
has the timming belt been changed recently??

I just done mine and it has the same sound you are talking about. when it warms up the timming belt starts to make a noise. when I did mine I also changed the water pump and had the head reconditioned but when I took it to my mechanic he told me that it was the belt that was a little tight and there was nothing to worry about.

Im going to get him to adjust it for me only because its annoying and I hate my car sounding like that. As for the power loss im not sure. Possible timming issue????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.