Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few 3sgte Questions
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
enderswift
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of ordering parts for my bottom end and have a few questions:

1. there are two pulleys to buy:

Timing Pulley #1: 13505‑88480 $104.44
Timing Pulley #2: 13503‑88560 $46.27

these are the prices from Lithia. The weird thing is that the pulleys that came with the engine are the same part number: koyo PU355816RR9D
So why the price difference? Is the $104.44 a tensioner assembly? bracket and all? If so I'll just buy two pulleys and reuse the old bracket

2. Does anyone have experience with this website: http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/? They seem to have a lot of good stuff, but I'm trying to avoid ordering parts from over seas unless its a trusted seller

3. Does anyone have a good source for 3rd gen spark plug wires? I can only find 2nd gen wires ,and a set from lithia goes for ~$150. Anywhere cheaper?

any help will be much appreciated!
enderswift
???
purplegt4
QUOTE (enderswift @ Mar 24, 2012 - 9:25 PM) *
2. Does anyone have experience with this website: http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/? They seem to have a lot of good stuff, but I'm trying to avoid ordering parts from over seas unless its a trusted seller

I ordered from tcb and it took about a month to get my tensioner (overseas). Lithia was out at the time.
lagos
You are correct. Those pulleys are exactly the same and the only difference is that one includes a new bracket. You can just buy an extra pulley and use that.

For my 2nd gen, I used a pulley and timing belt kit that I got from ebay. It included the pulley with bracket, the second pulley and a new belt for under 50bucks. While I used an oem timing belt (cause I already had one), the pulleys worked great. I had zero issues with them and they were a fraction of the price of the OEM ones.
enderswift
Thanks for the info guys thumbsup.gif I'm gonna go ahead and buy two of those pulleys, and put my order through tcb right now. The engine isn't going to be assembled for a few months so there's no real hurry.

Anyone have a source have a source for the plug wires? I purchased sets through work and ebay and unfortunately got 2nd gen wires both times.

thanks again!
bsamps4
Enderswift, If you read back in my thread you will find a certain section pertaining to these idler bearings. I got mine for 15 dollars a piece. Save your money and go manufacturer direct. PM me and I will supply you with the manufacturer info.
purplegt4
QUOTE (enderswift @ Mar 24, 2012 - 9:25 PM) *
3. Does anyone have a good source for 3rd gen spark plug wires? I can only find 2nd gen wires ,and a set from lithia goes for ~$150. Anywhere cheaper?

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82886
enderswift
if only those were new. Thanks for the link though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.